• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Khobar   

You're thinking of Patrick Bamford...

In 1 or 2 seasons perhaps, but not right now. I think another decent loan is better for him and then a season as 2nd/3rd choice for us is a possibility.

Not really reporting it, they're reporting someone else having reported it and staying true to that report, as they should.

They are reporting the rumour from Marca - which is why I posted both versions (although I probably should have made that clearer). I can't really see how they're 'staying true' to that original report - the Marca 'report' is clearly a puff-piece full of 'might be's', whereas the BBC choose to take that, and lead into their version with 'Atletico Madrid set to sign Andre Schurrle', as if it's a fact. That's misleading, isn't it, Stan? And that really, was my point.

Sarin   

CAM4BLUE,

Please refrain from personal attacks. And no, nothing Mourinho said can be taken as truth without evidence. The only hard evidence we have is Lukaku's games played for Chelsea. And the evidence is damning!

No seriously Galol, I would claim you are another teams fan with a trolling account here.

I have never seen you say a positive thing about the club, jose or our players.

I looked through your post history once and everything was just negative trolling.

It isn't even that well hidden.

Edited by Sarin

To be fair, I don't really see an issue with the foriegn quota as it is as I think it can easily be got around. At the moment, the foriegn players are as follows:

Cech

Courtois

Schwarzer

Ivanovic

Luis

Azpilicueta

Ramires

Mikel

Matic

Van Ginkle

Romeu

Schurrle

Hazard

Willian

Oscar

Salah

Drogba

Torres

Costa

Firstly, from those players I am not sure if Van Ginkle is classed as a forgien player or if he is still an U21? If he is that leaves us with 18 and from the list and I think we could easily dispose with Romeu by loaning him to get the figure down to 17 and that's before you consider that one of Cech/Courtois may be sold and if not then Schwarzer could easily not be added. While, if we do keep all three GK's on the list and keep Romeu we could consider loaning Salah and bringing Moses back in as I don't think that it would actually be much of a drop off in quality at this moment in time.

However, when looking at the squad there are a couple of question marks over it. Working from the back, I would say:

Defence - We have an excellent starting four/five - Luis, Dave, Terry, Cahill, Bane - however beyound that we are depending on Ake, Christensen and Zouma. For me, we may be playing with fire here as I'm not convinced that any of those three are quite ready yet to step in and play more than two to three games.

Central Midfield - We have the numbers here but do we have the quality? For me, Matic, Cesc and Ramires are good options and whilst I'd admit I am not Ramires's biggest fan as he is technically erractic, I do appriciate that his versility and energy are important skills that allow him to be an effective player when used properly. After this, we have MVG, Mikel and Romeu. In my opinion we only need one of these players in the squad and of those three I would prefer Mikel as he is the best player at this moment in time. For me, MVG will need game time and a lot of it, as a result I really want to see him get a good loan where he will get plenty of minutes as his injury last season was a really bad one. As for Romeu, he is a bit of a strange one, as although I can see potential in his game I also see a lot of faults. Now, it may be that he just needs consistancy and stay fit, however that is something that seems difficult for him (none of it his fault as it's the result of his injuries) so in my opinion he is the same as MVG and needs a loan where he will get plenty of playing time and hopfully stay fit. Hence, for me we only really have Matic, Cesc, Ramires and Mikel as viable options and even then I'm not entirely sure about Mikel, so for me I really think we should still be in the market for another CM.

Centre Forward - Costa for me is a massive improvement and I am confident that he will be an excellent addition as his all round team play and aggression is exactly what we need upfront. However, as everyone else, the prospect of Drogba and Torres is a worry as Torres is a busted flush and Drogba is an impact player at best, while my biggest concern is Costa staying fit, if he gets another bad injury we will be in serious trouble. That said, I don't really see what we can do now Lukaku is gone other than give Bamford a squad place and hope he steps up to the mark, as Torres isn't going anywhere unless Monaco get desperate; I know Jose said that he was staying but I can imagine if "an important offer" comes in for him, we'll jump at the oppotunity.

So in all, I think we have an excellent first XI and a few solid back ups, however I still feel a couple of bad injuries and we will be struggling.

Edited by sebcfc

cii99mn1   

A few random thoughts:

Stockpiling players with a resell value is an obvious strategy in a market with raising prices.

To be able to attract young players without paying exorbitant salaries it helps if you can show you will aid their development and listen to their demands.

Blaming Lukaku for be as sure as possible he gets good game time at his stage of his career I don't really get. Isn't the problem often the opposite? Like that English players at Man C for example.

Low wages are important when shifting a player. Learned the hard way with Torres.

Sarin   

What Jose actually said was that we currently have 3 strikers, Costa, Torres and Drogba.

That the way we are set up he requires 3 strikers.... correct ?

He didn't say anything like "I do not want to sell Torres, Torres has a future here" ?

If someone did sell Torres, We would need to replace him with another striker.

I could be wrong with the above, but from remembering the quotes that was the feeling I got from it.

If Torres did agree to leave, I am sure Jose would take the chance and replace him with someone he felt better suited the squad.

Still some 31 days ? left in the transfer window.

edit. His words I found

“No. Three strikers is fundamental in a squad and we have three strikers; Fernando, Didier and Diego so one of them is not going for sure.”
Edited by Sarin

What Jose actually said was that we currently have 3 strikers, Costa, Torres and Drogba.

That the way we are set up he requires 3 strikers.... correct ?

He didn't say anything like "I do not want to sell Torres, Torres has a future here" ?

If someone did sell Torres, We would need to replace him with another striker.

I could be wrong with the above, but from remembering the quotes that was the feeling I got from it.

If Torres did agree to leave, I am sure Jose would take the chance and replace him with someone he felt better suited the squad.

Still some 31 days ? left in the transfer window.

edit. His words I found

You are absolutely right. That is not the same as saying "I believe in Fernando Torres' ability to do the job I require of him". It's just "We are starting the season with 3 strikers".