• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Surely Pogba fits the hole in our squad?

I genuinely think we will stick with our strikers and make room in midfield. Too many bodies and one player of top quality short.

Are there any HG qualifying mids around? Swap oriel say...

We clearly have funds to spend, and while Jose may indicate otherwise, we're probably going to strengthen if the right player is available.

I feel central defence will not be strengthened as we have at least 3 senior players plus a talented Zouma in central defence. We also have sufficient versatility at the full-back positions.

In the pivots, Matic and Fabregas are going to be first choice, with Ramires, Mikel and a talented MvG available. Someone surely has to go if we were to sign another quality midfielder. I'm of the opinion that Mikel is more of a back-up player and his wages probably do not cost the earth. I like Ramires but if we have a chance to bring in an excellent midfielder then he should go.

Schurrle is good, but is at a similar level as Oscar and Willian. If he goes then so be it. There's decent talent available and the bigger teams are financially constrained, right now we are not. We basically have enough to finance for one top shelf player at a young age.

As for Torres, I don't get it. Jose talks about mentality a lot, so surely he should go. Defended Torres for so very many years, but if the guy can't do simple striker things then what's the point? Perhaps he should play out on the wing or something. He doesn't do half badly from wide areas, don't understand why this was never tried.

Edited by Hulk Smash

I'd also like to ask the question, partially as I haven't really been following the situation closely, but if Isco really is available then wouldn't he improve our side tremendously in central attacking midfield? He and Hazard would play off each other incredibly well imho.

kumbaya   

I'd also like to ask the question, partially as I haven't really been following the situation closely, but if Isco really is available then wouldn't he improve our side tremendously in central attacking midfield? He and Hazard would play off each other incredibly well imho.

Yes, he's a fantastic, young player and he had a really good season. No clue why RM bought James if they have Isco right now. Anyway, I'd love to see him at Chelsea.

Yes, he's a fantastic, young player and he had a really good season. No clue why RM bought James if they have Isco right now. Anyway, I'd love to see him at Chelsea.

Odds on him to sign for Chelsea are 20-1 on Skybet.

He could be used in central attacking mid or down the left (Hazard central) and is a significant upgrade in terms of both goal threat, control and creativity to either Oscar / Schurrle. Isco is also younger than Oscar.

The argument can be made about his defensive ability, but where this differs from the Mata situation is that he has the turn of pace and trickery to run at defenders all day and to create space for himself, much like Hazard. He most likely wouldn't cost nearly as much as James Rodriguez either.

I'll go out on a limb and say Isco would have a greater impact than Pogba if given the choice. A second outlet that could run at players would improve us greatly, and a Matic - Fabregas pivot is already very good.

Edited by Hulk Smash

cam4blue   

I'd also like to ask the question, partially as I haven't really been following the situation closely, but if Isco really is available then wouldn't he improve our side tremendously in central attacking midfield?

We are desperately trying to trim a foreigner from our squad. You really think we're going to go out and buy one in a position where we already have lot of quality?

We are desperately trying to trim a foreigner from our squad. You really think we're going to go out and buy one in a position where we already have lot of quality?

One player goes the other way in that circumstance, and we trim the remaining foreigner from somewhere else.

It's all supposition anyways, but can you just humour the logic behind it?

My best guess is that Cech will go. It's a massive waste to have 2 world class keepers, and I believe we just re-signed Schwarzer.

Edited by Hulk Smash

cam4blue   

One player goes the other way in that circumstance, and we trim the remaining foreigner from somewhere else.

It's all supposition anyways, but can you assess the logic behind it?

Can I assess the logic behind buying a player who (although very good) we don't need and will take up a squad place we don't have?

Yes.

There is no logic behind that move.

I don't even think we've been linked with him. It's fantasy football.

Can I assess the logic behind buying a player who (although very good) we don't need and will take up a squad place we don't have?

Yes.

There is no logic behind that move.

I don't even think we've been linked with him. It's fantasy football.

Once again, should he be signed then a foreigner in attacking midfield will most likely go the other way, then we trim another foreigner from another area. I don't mean to be rude but I've already mentioned this and you've ignored it.

If you can look past the foreigner issue, then is there logic in the move? Does he improve our attacking options? Does he provide something we don't have? Is he likely to be available given the James Rodriguez signing?

Also 'need' depends on your perspective. We don't really need anyone right now to be competitive, but pursuing potential World Class talent in this area of the pitch is important, albeit beyond our needs. imho he would have a similar impact on the squad to Hazard.

There are stronger links to City, but we were linked with him significantly in the past.

Edited by Hulk Smash