• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

cam4blue   

Once again, should he be signed then a foreigner in attacking midfield will most likely go the other way. I don't mean to be rude but I've already mentioned this and you've ignored it.

Who?

According to all the reports (based mostly on what Jose said), we can't even get rid of one foreigner. If we do buy another overseas player for big money, it will be somewhere where we desperately need them; not for a marginal (potential) upgrade.

Who?

According to all the reports (based mostly on what Jose said), we can't even get rid of one foreigner. If we do buy another overseas player for big money, it will be somewhere where we desperately need them; not for a marginal (potential) upgrade.

I've already mentioned that I believe it will be Cech. Having two World Class keepers would be wasteful during the era of FFP, I just can't see it happening. What I feel will happen is that both will be a part of the club for a few weeks, and then Cech will go before deadline as Jose has enough time to assess. Once again just opinion.

As for attacking midfield, all are foreigners. Once again this is just supposition, I'm not meaning for this to be anything more than that, I just wanted to discuss the merits that someone like Isco would bring compared to what we have, given that he may be available.

In terms of someone we desperately need, we're pretty much set for most positions. That doesn't mean we shouldn't assess what is available, we can always manage foreign player issues after the fact.

Edited by Hulk Smash

chara   

Don't see at this point in time that Cech will be moved out..lunacy to leave us in the same situation we faced when PC and Carlo both were injured at the same time and nobody seems to have any problem with two top players in any other position...a lot of media speculation and twisted quotes as we all know in every "newsworthy" issue. The fact that we have a very experienced #3 does not impact on the position of the two main keepers. It's not a case of one or the other, top pros know the score and are well paid to be part of a squad and with the pressure of so many games both will get the chance to be first choice and that can change through a long season...we were "lucky" last season that when PC was injured there was a good backup in the short term(shudder when you think it could have been Turnbull or even Hilario)

If any foreign player is shipped out it wont be such a top player as PC,certainly not this season...,who?.....now that of course is the question.....all our speculation is just that..I'm sure JM and the club have all their options well laid out and will act accordingly.

If I'm wrong re PC no matter..this is a discussion forum..not a policy deciding board room...

cam4blue   

Once again this is just supposition, I'm not meaning for this to be anything more than that, I just wanted to discuss the merits that someone like Isco would bring compared to what we have, given that he may be available.

We won't be signing Isco, for the reasons I said.

You keep on supposing, if that's what you want. It seems a bit pointless to me.

Sciatika   

I can't really see how we can afford to keep Marin. Even without him (and assuming Atsu, Davila, Perica and Omeruo go on loan), we still have 19 to fill 17 "non-Homegrown" slots in the PL.

Cech, Courteois, Schwarzer

Luis, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic,

Ramires, Matic, Romeu, van Ginkel, Mikel

Hazard, Willian, Schurrle, Salah, Oscar,

Costa, Torres, Drogba

Two of the above will not be playing for Chelsea this season.

I can't really see how we can afford to keep Marin. Even without him (and assuming Atsu, Davila, Perica and Omeruo go on loan), we still have 19 to fill 17 "non-Homegrown" slots in the PL.

Cech, Courteois, Schwarzer

Luis, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic,

Ramires, Matic, Romeu, van Ginkel, Mikel

Hazard, Willian, Schurrle, Salah, Oscar,

Costa, Torres, Drogba

Two of the above will not be playing for Chelsea this season.

Id of thought the idea is to sell mikel and to loan out one of romeu or van ginkel, personally id loan the former.

If someone comes in for torres he will go (if deal can be agreed) my old man reckons its better to sell if possible for say 10m and then subsidise his wages if need be to force it through, its a cheaper option than keeping him around and contributing next to nothing for another 2 years.

The diego lopez rumours are quite possibly the worst of all the rumours they have linked us to for a long time, on one hand they are writing that we need to sell Cech to get the squad down to the 17 foreigners then on the next they are having us sign lopez as a replacement for him! the mind boggles it really does

Lampard looks like he is joining City on loan for 6 months. Kinda expected when he joined New York City - but do feel a little betrayed. Said he didn't want to play for another English club.

Still the greatest player in Chelsea history though. Just hope he doesn't score against us.

Lampard looks like he is joining City on loan for 6 months. Kinda expected when he joined New York City - but do feel a little betrayed. Said he didn't want to play for another English club.

Still the greatest player in Chelsea history though. Just hope he doesn't score against us.

Agree-but this was never one of Frank's favourite tunes:

It's not about the money, money, money

We don't need your money, money, money

We just wanna make the world dance,

Forget about the price tag

Ain't about the (uh) cha-ching cha-ching

Ain't about the (yeah) ba-bling ba-bling

Wanna make the world dance,

Forget about the price tag

It was always about the money with Frank.