• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   

Thanks for that. Interesting. The reports I've read this morning (ESPN, etc.) include most of those Mourinho comments, except for the business about them actually being offered contracts. None of the reports (that I can find with a quick search) say when or where these comments were made. Not saying that it's not true, just that I find it a bit odd.

Read it on sky sports somewhere

Thanks for that. Interesting. The reports I've read this morning (ESPN, etc.) include most of those Mourinho comments, except for the business about them actually being offered contracts. None of the reports (that I can find with a quick search) say when or where these comments were made. Not saying that it's not true, just that I find it a bit odd.

Being offered contracts doesn't mean a great deal in itself. Especially as HG players who would not exclude others. Crucial is whether the contracts were close to the levels that Roma and NYC offered, and I don't think we can draw conclusions on that.

Mutu7   

Having said that, Chelsea have shown signs of softening their stance recently, with Roman Abramovich reportedly admitting that Lampard would be free to go for £20 million.

This line alone is enough to dismiss that article. Who exactly did Abramovich "admit" this to? The reporters at one of his many press conferences? A bunch of fans outside Fulham Broadway? The bloke who wrote that piece for Bleacher Report? It's amazing how many people know Abramovich's intentions, and what he wants, likes and dislikes, considering he never utters a word in public!

When Jose says that we need 3 strikers for the coming season, we all know that he's correct. However, when he says the we currently have 3 strikers (and Torres won't be leaving), I have to wonder if he's toeing the company line, completely taken leave of his senses, or simply taking the p*ss.

1. Costa. A proper striker, yes.

2. Torres. A player so wretched these days, that he manages to find new ways to embarrass himself with each passing game.

3. Drogba. Used to be a proper striker in every sense, and a club legend, yes. Past his prime? Undoubtedly. Up to it these days? Maybe he'll surprise, but for now the jury's out.

So to me, we actually have 1 1/2 strikers (maybe 2, if DD stands up), and that will be what kills us this season, if anything does. Possibly Jose is trying to deflect attention away from any new striker negotiations we're actually involved In atm? Maybe Bamford isn't going out on loan after all (he's now slotted into the U21's squad, and is playing - at least he did the other day)? I certainly hope that something is happening.

Andyn   

^ totally agree , if thats the three strikers its like trying to win the PL with your arms tied behind your back .

OzzyCFC   

Costa would need to score 50+ goals to make up for the hole that is the rest of our strike force.

Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Shirly etc would also have to kick in.

OzzyCFC   

I'm getting a little sick of hearing that we need someone who is "content to play back up". What we actually need is a striker or two who are willing to fight to be a starter. Score goals and you will start. Throw down the gauntlet. That's what we lack.

Kezza   

If anything this is putting too much pressure on Costa and it's basically a recipe for disaster. We are sadly only marginally better than last season and we all know marginal is not enough to adfress our situation from last season.