• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Nicholas   

To be perfectly frank, the prospect of us going into this campaign with a strike force comprising the excellent (but volatile) Costa, the once-great but aging Drogba, and the completely useless Torres, doesn't fill me with a great deal of enthusiasm. I'd rather we kept Marin, if it meant that we could punt Torres. And the useless lump takes up a foreign spot in the squad. The very best thing he can do for the team, is go on strike.

Yes. And given our issues last season with striking options, it is partuclarly surprising that JM did not insist on keeping Lukaku who could, on the evidence of the last two seasons, be relied on to produce goals in double figures. I want to believe he understands this risk and is taking steps to address it before the window closes and not allow his ego to obscure a vital area of need in the squad.

jones   

Selling Cech or Courtois to fund a move for a striker would leave us in a much stronger all round position

Courtois will not be sold. But how much can we get for 32-year old Cech? 10-12mp?

If indeed Falcao is on the leave, he is going to be way to expensive for us. Monaco would demand a high price, his wages will be immense, and it would be madness considering his ACL injury. A loan move would be the only possible option imo, but how likely are Chelsea to loan players? Seems a bit odd.

On the Torres side, I think he is a good fit for Monaco. He still has a very big name, would help them get attention, and I think he could be quite successful in the French league. If Torres makes 175k/week here, they probably would be able to offer him ~100k/week to cover his net wages, and a price of 20mp for let us say a 4 year contract would mean a FFP cost annually of appx 10mp, which is a lot less than the 25mp cost Falcao has. Not saying I think it will happen, but if they are selling Falcao, and want to replace him with someone "similar", but less expensive, then I think Torres is one of very few options. When buying Falcao they were not only pursuing quality, but a big name to help them make the transition to a top club. Torres, despite his awful finishing, is exactly that.

Courtois will not be sold. But how much can we get for 32-year old Cech? 10-12mp?

If indeed Falcao is on the leave, he is going to be way to expensive for us. Monaco would demand a high price, his wages will be immense, and it would be madness considering his ACL injury. A loan move would be the only possible option imo, but how likely are Chelsea to loan players? Seems a bit odd.

Why should he be too expensive for us?

If Liverpool can take him on loan then we should at least try

GURJ SS   

I think we have strengthened our team enough for the season ahead. We just missed out last season, and with the additions to the team I am confident we can get silverware.

Cortious is a great goal keeper. Can we sell Cech, yes we can but only if the offer is good enough. Not because 2 players don't want to compete against each other, but we get a offer we cannot refuse for Cech.

Zouma will only get better and better, has all the attributes to become world class, it's up to Jose and Terry to fine tune it all into a package.

Luis is a sold, reliable player, almost like buying another Azpilicueta. I don't think we could have got a better left back to fit out style of play.

Fabregas is a signing that I asked for when he was going to join Arsenal. I'm just glad we got him before anyone else did. He is a fantastic player who will make us use the ball and not waste possession. He is very inventive, I think it will be very interesting to see him and Oscar on the pitch together. I can see them taking it in turns to occupy the number 10 role and linking up well though the middle.

Costa is a beast, am I worried about his temper, hell yes! But I would rather have him then a push over like Lukaku. Costa has what Lukaku will never have, the aggression to match the power.

Drogba I think should have never left, he will play when we are desperate to score, a bench option. But I still believe he has the quality to cause havoc in the oppositions box.

I am happy with our team going into the new season, good business by the club and manager. At the end of the day we cannot be too greedy. I have seen us linked with some big names still, but I think our balance is just right in keeping players happy, motivated and also on their toes with competition.

That's pretty easy. Cech does not lose his place for me until Courtois takes it from him. In short Courtois still has to earn it in a blue shirt.

OK, but to earn it in a blue shirt he will have to be selected to play first in order to get the chance right? Are you saying that Courtois shouldn't be selected until such a time that Cech has a bad game or makes a mistake or 2?

You know how weird it is seeing Lampard in city gear?

Now imagine Cech, but starting every match.

That's what it's going to be like

Yes, but all of our players have to finish playing for us eventually. Frank in a blue shirt looks weird as you say, but on the other hand, if Frank plays for them like he played for us for most of the games he played last season, then it'll be us who'll be the beneficiaries in the end I think.

I agree that Monaco would be a good fit for Torres for the aforementioned reasons re: Jones post.

I do also feel that if Falcao can feasibly move to Liverpool, surely we could facilitate a similar move?

We can surely match L'pools terms and if reports are true that Monaco have been interested in Torres, perhaps this could be our trump card in any pursuit?

There is of course the possibility, nay likelihood that Falcao will at the start of the season, be plying his trade elsewhere outside of the EPL. But I do think it would be a crying shame, should he play in the EPL, if he were pulling on a red jersey rather than blue, simply because we didn't at least try.

jones   

It's everywhere now but looks like Liverpool enquired about Falcao only to be told it's basically a done deal to Real Madrid.

Well, that still would mean they have a #9 missing in their squad ...