• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

seen places quoting 4-6 months for Drogba injury........ if it is anywhere near that we need a striker NOW!, goals win titles! we can't just put it all on costa!

Doesn't that rumor come from some fake Twitter account though? I thought the general feeling was that it'd be a couple of weeks.

xCELERYx   

Matteo Bonetti: Jose Mourinho and Chelsea ready to spend 38m for Roma's Mehdi Benatia, easily best defender last season in Serie A.

You'd think by now people would understand that one good season doesn't equate to an excellent defender. Benatia is good, but certainly nothing spectacular to warrant a 38m price tag after only one genuine top season. Not sure if it's a contract move either given he only joined Roma last season on a 5 year deal. Little early to be trying to get something new.

For me, we need a striker still. A quality striker at that. Not just a depth option, but another front runner that is going to offer some genuine competition. Unfortunately there isn't much around that's genuinely available, unless the club get their cheque book out. We could do worse than Remy though if that's all that's left.

jones   

Before screaming out over new signings, remember this:

We have replaced Etoo and Ba with Drogba and Costa. Added quality, leadership, and most importanly: a clear first choice.

We have replaced an ageing Lampard with Fabregas in his prime. A player who needs no adaptation period, drastically improving our first eleven.

We have replaced an ageing Cole with perhaps Europe's best LB, who seems like a quality addition. Will improve both first eleven and depth in defence.

We have Courtois (and Cech if he stays) which is by far the best set of GK any club has.

We have players who are either early in their carreer or in their CHelsea days, who are likely to improve further in quality like Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Matic.

We have the world's best manager, who made us fight for the title till the very end as well as guiding us to a CL semi-final without a real striker, and a squad that needed a solight makover.

We finished 4 points off City last season. I can't help but being optimistic.

But that's boring isn't it? I should rather do like the rest: slate the club for everything that has yet to happen. Makes so much more sense.

Edited by jones

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9416817/manchester-city-sign-eliaquim-mangala-from-porto

Someone remind me what punishment City received from UEFA for infringing FFP rules again?

Well, it was something like a maximum net outlay of £48m (or £49m?), wasn't it?

After the purchase of Mangala, Transfermarkt estimate that they've spent a total of about £57.5m but also brought in at least £11m to counterbalance it.

Before screaming out over new signings, remember this:

We have replaced Etoo and Ba with Drogba and Costa. Added quality, leadership, and most importanly: a clear first choice.

I'll remind you of this when Costa is out, Drogba is injured and Torres is playing it off himself for a goal kick.

I wouldn't mind trying Victor Moses as a striker worst case scenario.

Edit: I am sure Schurrle can play there too, no need to panic.

Edited by Alan Conway

I wouldn't mind trying Victor Moses as a striker worst case scenario.

Edit: I am sure Schurrle can play there too, no need to panic.

Agreed re: Schurrle. I don't really get all this garment rending and screaming about strikers. If Didier is ruled out for a long time then yes we'll need someone but other than that I think should maybe get used to the idea that, give or take a couple of fringe players going out on loan, this is probably the squad come September 1st.