• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

crux   

Unfortunately we still have to offload a foreign player. Moses counts as homegrown so he's unlikely to go. Therefore I highly doubt we'll be bringing in another player unless we offload the likes of say Cech and Torres.

Zwicky   

I understand the general wish to add a new striker with Drogba injured and his impact this season in doubt and Torres struggling but as far as I am concerned that ship has sailed a long time ago. Just ask yourself if you were a quality striker who considers himself as a strong backup option, would you really want to come to a club with a clear 1st choice word class striker in Diego Costa, a trademark name in world football in Torres who will see plenty of game time for contract reasons alone and a veteran club legend who will see game time for experience and leadership alone. Negredo joined City because he knew they always play a system with two strikers up front which means he was always going to get plenty of game time in rotation with Dzeko and Aguero anyway.

Unless Mourinho gets back to his two striker system from his first stint at Chelsea, only one of Costa/Torres/Drogba will start the game, with one sitting on the bench and the other one not even making the bench. Adding a new striker would result in two of them not making the match squad week after week which doesn't make sense. In Mourinho's current set-up goals are expected to come mostly from the attacking midfielders with the striker upfront playing as an important link and wall to buy time in order to bring others in play, keep and distribute the ball and finish off 2nd balls. Unless the club sells Torres which won't happen, I have a hard time imagining a quality striker or a young and promising one joining the team NOW. If Mourinho and the Club had wanted to add a strong backup striker to Costa by either keeping Lukaku, buying a new striker or giving someone like Bamford a real chance, they wouldn't have brought Drogba back in the first place.

xCELERYx   

These Schurrle links to Atletico make me a little uneasy. Thankfully there hasn't been much in the way of a quotable source (from what I've seen), which hopefully means nothing is actually happening. Selling Schurls would just about undo all the good work we've done this off season.

These Schurrle links to Atletico make me a little uneasy. Thankfully there hasn't been much in the way of a quotable source (from what I've seen), which hopefully means nothing is actually happening. Selling Schurls would just about undo all the good work we've done this off season.

Made up rubbish from the daily fail, almost as laughable as the story in the metro about Wenger trying to buy Cavanni!

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say it would undo all the good work but it certainly would be a baffling and, in my opinion, very foolish move to allow Schurrle to go. I'd pick him ahead of Torres as a striker every single time.

Holymoly   

Can't see the reasoning in selling Schurrle for cash and I'm pretty sure there's no-one left at AM to swap for. Surely there must be a better candidate for a foreigner to lose from the sqad?

I'd be very surprised if Atletico sign Schurrle unless they overpay.

I'd also be surprised if we signed Khedira, would mean Mikel going the other way. I reckon MvG will transition into first choice over the coming years.

Would also be interested if we can actually sign Varane. I doubt it though as at that age Real are likely to want to keep him, irrespective of any deal involving Cech.

Our net spend seems quite low, I thought it was to our advantage if we maximise the amount we were allowed to lose under FFP each season.

Its a case of know nothing journalists slinging enough crud around so that eventually some of it sticks and they can proclaim themselves in the know.

They're all like Jon Snow.

They know nothing.

AM if they're saying anything at all, are more likely trying to get Torres back on loan with an option.

AM if they're saying anything at all, are more likely trying to get Torres back on loan with an option.

I would be fine with this as long as we kept Schurrle as an option as 3rd striker

jones   

http://www.nu.nl/sport/3851279/fer-komt-ondanks-veel-interesse-nog-niet-weg-bij-norwich-city.html

MVG's agent claiming there is a chance he might be loaned out, and decision will be made last week of August. Would in that case mean we are looking at other CMs? Or are they considering using a youngster (Chalobah/Baker) to fill his role, and let Schwarzer be the 3rd GK?