• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Have never seen this Destro character play but if he isn't even better than Torres today we should stay well clear.

That he isn't better than Torres is just somebody's opinion, of course. I haven't seen him play much, and certainly not enough to form a definitive opinion one way or the other. According to the stats I just looked at, last season in Serie A (that's 13/14), he scored 13 goals in 20 appearances, which isn't too shabby, and already makes him better than Torres. He's a bit on the short side, though.

If this rumour has some substance, I'd be interested just to get Torres of our backs - and if it turns out that Destro isn't that good, we can always on-sell him to Liverpool next season for a profit (and bring Bamford back).............

xCELERYx   

^^

Watched Destro play over the years and he is an extremely average striker whose current level is even below that of Torres and if this rumour turns out to be true, you can see why Roma would want Torres instead of him when he should be the one with the advantage been he is younger so should be able to play for much longer and his current salary should be less than a quarter of what Torres earns at Chelsea.

Don't agree whatsoever. Destro has quality about him, not of the highest level, but definitely good enough to be a squad option. He did well at Siena nearly scoring a goal every second game, while his output for Roma isn't terrible, given he also plays in a wider role at times. 35 games for Roma with 19 goals, 35 from 87 games over his career thus far, and scored 13 from 20 last season. He has a good work rate too which is something that would bode well here.

Bridgejunkey any moment now

Evening 3S, Just read it. :)

Am I the only one who sometimes reads threads from the end backwards? Well that what I was doing here so the old keyboard was preparing itself for a bashing. Then I came to your post so maybe I can slide the qwerty box back under the desk.

Instead I'm going to believe Scooba means that Destro will get better at understanding his position and how to play it, his attributes and how to use them. The attributes themselves however...

Now Scoobs will be along to put me straight :)

OzzyCFC   

I thought someone promised Dave he'd be gone by the time the season started or was that the end of the window? Either way why hasn't this anonymous person (Michael) worked their magic yet?

I thought someone promised Dave he'd be gone by the time the season started or was that the end of the window? Either way why hasn't this anonymous person (Michael) worked their magic yet?

We still have one player too many, don't we?

Khobar   

Please let it be true.

Frankly, I'd take Bernard Cribbins as a replacement for Torres, although he may have too strong an attachment to Wimbledon.

People seem to have formed an even stronger opinion about Torres over the summer where in the world cup he looked good when he came on and also in pre-season. Seems to me that people just watched his smash over the bar in pre-season and base all their opinions on that. Torres is an emotional confidence driven player - fickle - if he had the support (fans) behind him I'm sure he'd be banging them in.

Costa will do well because he is horrible just like Drogba - horrible is a compliment by the way when it comes to being a striker - just as selfish is for a striker. They don't need the crowd because it's all about them and when it goes wrong it's never their fault. When Torres played alongside costa they linked up really well and I think he could be the perfect joint-2nd option but only if we as Chelsea fans support him.

^^ Nice Avatar Khobar.

Now if you could just replace that red trident with this blue staff it would be perfect.

Chelsea_crest.jpg

Edited by Droy was my hero