• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Me too. He might be a complete fruit-loop, but he does know how to score a goal or two. That's an annoyingly good signing for £16 million (Guardian).

Can't really say that I'm fully sold on Balotelli's ability and the fact that three top clubs in quick succession have given up on him has got to be like a big neon sign flashing, Buyer Beware! When we also take into account that our chief-buyer was one of those who previously decided to give up on Mario, there has to be doubt that we'd be interested.

That said, if Jose does want Balotelli, you'd have to think there's a fair chance he'd choose us over Liverpool. That would be a shame for Patrick Bamford however. Personally I don't believe Pat is good enough to make it here but, as we're thin at his position and understocked with his nationality, surely now is the moment for him. Maybe even now or never.

I think the only thing prohibiting us from signing another striker is the ability to offload Torres.

If we could get rid of Torres then we'd be in prime position to get Balotelli; Falcao on loan; or even splurge on Cavani.

I think the only thing prohibiting us from signing another striker is the ability to offload Torres.

I would have to agree with that, the man is made of lead and the club are paying a heavy price for their decision to offer him a ridiculous contract. If Torres had the pride some still believe he has, he would ask to move on like Lukaku has.

He may one day find out like Winston Bogarde before him that playing for money over pride isn't the road to happiness and contentment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2048805/Winston-Bogarde-he's-fat-he's-round-got-pound-.html

Both belong to the footballing dustbin known as "The Unsellables"

Edited by nutmegsw6

Jedini   

It would indeed look better, but I nicked the logo and don't have the skill or time to change it.

Might give it a go next week on my hols though.

Something like this? :)

1WAKkvJ.png

3Sphinx   

I feel like since Di Maria has openly declared that he wants out of Madrid, we should make a move. Squad balance is one thing but when players like him are available, they should be bought regardless IMO.

Edited by 3Sphinx

cam4blue   

If we could get rid of Torres then we'd be in prime position to get Balotelli; Falcao on loan; or even splurge on Cavani.

I really don't think any of those are a realistic prospect this season, even if we were (by some miracle) able to offload Torres. Costa is our first choice striker for this season and none of those guys would be prepared to play second fiddle to him (Balotelli might, I suppose, but I am in the camp that thinks he should be avoided).

Something like this? :)

1WAKkvJ.png

Brilliant. We'll get accused of nicking other peoples songs but who cares. I like what you did with the staff.

Did the Liver bird get knocked down, tripped, dived or did he just lose control of his balls?

@cam4blue

Tempted to agree that most top strikers wouldn't be interested in being second choice - by definition it's one of the key things that makes them a top striker.

Equally however, Man Citeh have accumulated 4 very good strikers that get a good run-out over the season and Drogba, although great, isn't suitable to be 1 of 2 strikers for the season.

GURJ SS   

I feel like since Di Maria has openly declared that he wants out of Madrid, we should make a move. Squad balance is one thing but when players like him are available, they should be bought regardless IMO.

I agree, sending out Salah on loan to a P.L team and bringing in Di Maria would be fantastic. I think Shurrle is a very good player, but he is no Di Maria. Although using Shurrle as a back up striker could be a option, but bringing back Drogba all but ended that. I like Drogba as both a player and a leader, although I can't help but feel that he is taking up a place in the squad. Edited by GURJ SS