• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

In a nutshell I cannot rationalize Jose going into the season with Costa,Torres and with all due respect Drogba as our three strikers. One injury or suspension for Costa and we are back where we were last season relying on Torres??

As for Bamford I presume he hasn't gone out on loan as yet as we are/maybe still looking for another striker?

It is his finishing skills that I think will interest Jose and what may be what has lead him to not sanction a loan for him yet as for me if Bamford stays he won't be asked to ever "lead the line" but will be used as someone to sit in the oppositions penalty box and try and finish off what ever half chance may come his way.

Hello Seb,

There are parts of your post with which I don't agree but I do strongly agree with the portion I've quoted.

In an earlier post, Michael Tucker asked, "what's wrong with Bamford as a second striker?" Like you, my answer would be not too much if we're talking about a situational role where we're chasing a goal and plan to use Pat in the way you describe.

I do wonder though if JM could resist the option to turn to Didier ahead of Pat in that situation? That's an especially tempting alternative perhaps when JM is trying to snatch a win from a drawing position. Chuck Didier on and then, if he does the trick, utilise his defensive strengths to help hold on.

For what it's worth, I don't believe that there is enough to Patrick's game to make him a good backup striker in the sense of being the man who will start if the first choice can't. If Jose also feels that way, and if it's likely to be Didier who will be used as the second striker on most occasions, then we'd have to question the value of keeping Pat watching most weekends when he could be playing elsewhere.

By the way, has it emerged that it is Jose who is stalling on a loan move for PB? Good news of a sort for the lad if true I suppose.

Edited by Bridgejunky

paulw66   

By the way, has it emerged that it is Jose who is stalling on a loan move for PB? Good news of a sort for the lad if true I suppose.

My guess would be that they are waiting and hoping that PL club make an offer. If they dont, he'll go to Boro.

BlueFizz   

Danny Welbeck anybody?

According to The Daily Telegraph, he's been told he's surplus to requirements.

Personally I'd quite like the Costa, Drogba, Welbeck option - if only I could get rid of that pesky spaniard!

Khobar   

Neil Shipperley comes to mind.

I was thinking Lee Frost or, especially, Gary Johnson and his perm. Probably not Trevor Aylott though (or HIS perm).

Khobar   

Danny Welbeck anybody?

Personally I'd quite like the Costa, Drogba, Welbeck option - if only I could get rid of that pesky spaniard!

Not a massive Welbeck fan, but as a 2nd/3rd choice option he could fulfill the role much as Kalou did. I feel he may prefer the main striker role at a club, but he would get plenty of minutes with us and could entertain whilst on the bench by dressing as Cat from Red Dwarf.

Top Gear   

Still can't understand why Mourinho bought Willian for 31 Mill. £. One of many Brazil's players in Ukraine and Russia but is he worth for that money and to be a key player in Premier league, for club which want to win many trophies????!!!! NOOO!!! He could be enough good for Tottenham, but not for chelsea. Why the hell he didn't agree everything with Tottenham. He had medical and then to chelsea. Why this happened omg... I wasn't happy.. OMG! One of worst Mourinho's signings. Overrated player and overpriced, bought from Anzhi. Reus I and will be available for 20-25 mil EUROS but Chelsea hasn't been mentioned in any source as potential buyers. REALLY STRANGE, HE IS TOOOOOP PLAYER. Same Di Maria. TOPPP! chelsea doesn't need solid players like Willian. We must be in battle with other clubs for top players like Reus or Di Maria or Pogba or Vidal. Same for Salah. Only average...He came from Swiss league and even there he had average stat for winger. In this league - Swiss league! What can you expect then in premier league?? Not much! Glad to see Schurrle on right wing and not Willian or Salah! He is right footed, could be a lot better on left side but still a lot more useful than Willian and Salah and he deserves first eleven. Hope that Mourinho will continue with him in first eleven and hope he will be still in that awesome form.

Edited by Top Gear

paulw66   

Danny Welbeck anybody?

Can play wide or down the middle.........might be worth a look but not sure they would sell him to us, nor would he want to come just to settle for the same squad poistion he finds himself in now.

Welbeck? Certainly would be tempting.

Top Gear   

Anyone knows if Mourinho is admirer of Reus?? Do you think that Chelsea will be in transfer "battle" for him? It would be crazy if they won't be...