• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

We have top class cover in all areas - Cech for Courtois, Luis for Azpi, Willan for Hazard, Ramires for Matic... and more so why not have top class for covering Costa? Remy, Bony...meh!?

Should be aiming a little higher than that - if Jose can manage the egos in the squad we have now, one more wouldn't be a problem surely?

paulw66   

We have top class cover in all areas - Cech for Courtois, Luis for Azpi, Willan for Hazard, Ramires for Matic... and more so why not have top class for covering Costa? Remy, Bony...meh!?

Should be aiming a little higher than that - if Jose can manage the egos in the squad we have now, one more wouldn't be a problem surely?

So who is that person?

Have to laugh at the fact that the biggest compliment the Vice President of Milan could pay Torres was to describe him as "an important forward".

sounds like man that has just awoken from a coma.

Scooba   

@TheCalcioGuy: Young Chelsea midfielder Marco Van Ginkel has reportedly reached an agreement to join Milan.

Now, Torres...

So who is that person?

This is my personal opinion right - these are by no means suggestions of likelihood. Higuain, Pedro and Mandzukic - the latter being one of my absolute favourites.

But forgetting the names for a minute, why is the "second striker" berth deemed to be a slot in the squad that requires a lesser talent against the covering squad players for the other positions? I find the reasoning of "good for one, not good for another" a little baffling. The Bony's and Remy's seem to be that stratum lower than those I named above don't they? Hence why they play for Swansea and QPR respectively or am I missing something here?

Drogba as third choice - yes. Bamford loaned to someone this season - OK. Then if all goes well for young Patrick on his loan then he is promoted to the senior squad for next year in Drogba's spot. It will be his time.

Costa has scored two in two but against Championship sides; he's done all that's been asked of him but I wouldn't get carried away that he is the definitive answer just yet. I hope that this doesn't happen but what if he has a very lean winter and we need a change to freshen things up - who then?

I'm just saying, if Hazard's form dips then none of us would quibble too much about bringing in Willian or Schurrle for a period while Eden rests up and comes back. Quality cover there. Can we say the same about our strikers now or even if we did sign Remy/Bony? I'm not so sure. But that's just my opinion - it's the arguments for distinction between having top class cover for all other positions rather than the strikers that I'm querying more than anything.

Edited by Hugh Jars 99

It's difficult to find quality outside of the traditional big clubs...

Could this be somewhere that a player like Firmino comes in?

Top scoring Brazilian last season in European league last season. More of a midfielder I know but could him or (the more lauded) Reus be successfully integrated?

ripz   

Just shows how much of an idiot Lukaku is, rather be #1 at Everton than #2 at Chelsea. Giving up the opportunity to be an important part of the squad we have now and be around the amazing talents we have is just plain stupid.

http://www.milannews.it/altre-notizie/sky-chelsea-disponibile-al-prestito-sia-di-torres-che-di-van-ginkel-Mourinho-scrive-al-milan-forse-sono-lunico-interista-che-vuole-bene-al-milan-153589

Sky - Chelsea agree with Milan with loan deals of Torres and of van Ginkel, Mourinho writes: "Maybe I'm the only Interista who loves Milan"

In the last hours, Chelsea would have given the go-ahead to Milan for the loan of Fernando Torres Marco van Ginkel. Now everything will depend on what they decide to do the two players. SkySport24 then told a curious backstory: given the availability of Chelsea to give away two players on loan at AC Milan, Mourinho, coach of the Blues, he sent this message to the Rossoneri: "Maybe I'm the only Interista who loves Milan" . The club via Aldo Rossi is appreciating very fact the behavior of Chelsea in the two operations.

This is my personal opinion right - these are by no means suggestions of likelihood. Higuain, Pedro and Mandzukic - the latter being one of my absolute favourites.

Pedro as in the 5 ft 7 winger at Barcelona? Mandzukic just signed for Atletico and Higuain signed for 40mill at Napoli just a year ago. A player that Jose knows well and did not want to pay that price 12 months ago. Remy/bony are not Costa quality sure, but they are both far better than Torres and are good value in comparison to the current market. There are not any obvious alternatives unless we go spend 50mill on Cavani/ Falcao.

Pedro as in the 5 ft 7 winger at Barcelona? Mandzukic just signed for Atletico and Higuain signed for 40mill at Napoli just a year ago. A player that Jose knows well and did not want to pay that price 12 months ago. Remy/bony are not Costa quality sure, but they are both far better than Torres and are good value in comparison to the current market. There are not any obvious alternatives unless we go spend 50mill on Cavani/ Falcao.

Obviously there are some that don't read.

::sigh::