• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Sky saying Milan and Chelsea almost agreed a fee for a permanent move. Wow.

So who do they have lined up? Definitely will have someone, question is who it is.

Contenders for me are Remy, Bony, Lavezzi and the guy from Roma (always forget his name).

Hamstring isn't too bad - a few weeks? Hearing 4-6 weeks is average for hamstring, so not too long. He will be back soon enough.

No wonder they want to get rid of Torres and replace him. At least Torres won't be one of our only options now.

Need to make sure we get a top class second/third choice in. But we were doing that anyway.

Don't worry, Costa already proved he is good enough to succeed here and will be back soon enough.

Edited by James Prescott

Hamstring isn't too bad - a few weeks? No wonder they want to get rid of Torres and replace him.

Need to make sure we get a top class second/third choice in. But we were doing that anyway.

Don't worry, Costa already proved he is good enough to succeed here and will be back soon enough.

Hamstring can easily be two months.

Hamstring can easily be two months.

Two months isn't long. If it was 6 I would be worried. And with our medical department I wouldn't think it would be quite that long.

Well, if the Costa injury is true, I think two things can happen:

1) Mourinho realises his mistake of not bringing in another striker earlier, get rid of "useless" Torres and bring in a "real" striker who can help us win trophies.

2) Mourinho maintain he's right, called off Milan-Torres deal, and stick with Drogba and Torres until Costa get back.

I'm afraid option 2 will happen now. I still can't believe we go into the season with one Costa injury away from making a 36 year old regular and have to watch Torres "try his best" again.

Look at City, Liverpool, even United have more striker than us.

How can we win the league having to depend one striker being fit the whole season?

Edited by terrychoi

Two months isn't long. If it was 6 I would be worried. And with our medical department I wouldn't think it would be quite that long.

I reckon you were right first time around - 2 or 3 weeks.

I reckon you were right first time around - 2 or 3 weeks.

Completely depends on the degree of the injury. Not much to say until we know that.

Hopefully it is 2-3 weeks. As long as its not too serious or that he doesn't aggravate it by rushing back, that should be the timeframe.

That said, Torres has to leave regardless. May act as the catalyst to bring someone quality in.