• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

ironstar   

Commence transfer muppetry.

I think we should be seriously looking at some of the cheaper PL-proven alternatives like Bony and Remy. If QPR loaned him out last year, who's to say they won't do that again? For a one year loan, who gives a damn about his medical, really?
A Falcao loan could be a possibilty, but it seems like Monaco want an exorbitant fee, and his injury record is also quite concerning. Just getting back after a 6 months knee injury, he could turn out to be Torres in disguise.

Or hell, give Bamford the chance for the next month for all I care, ss long as we don't decide to keep Torres because of the Costa injury...

Holymoly   

Shame Besiktas took Ba and not Torres, he was pretty good against Arsenal last night.

Holymoly   

Hopefully it is 2-3 weeks. As long as its not too serious or that he doesn't aggravate it by rushing back, that should be the timeframe.

That said, Torres has to leave regardless. May act as the catalyst to bring someone quality in.

Hopefully the phones are red hot at SB today with just 5 days left in the transfer window.

Have the club confirmed this Costa news or is it just a rumor?

It wouldn't affect me wanting us to sell Torres though. At this stage I'd rather we played with 10 men than put him in the team.

I guess on Saturday we can go with either DD or Shurrle up front?

^ No word from the club as yet. I'm sure all the papers are just copying the one guy, but that doesn't mean that there's nothing in it.

If it were up to me, right now I would be throwing £19 million (or whatever it is) on the desk of the Swansea chairman and promptly bundling Bony into a car.

I don't think it impacts the Torres deal one bit. If Torres is going then we will have a player lined up already to replace him - seeing lots of strong Destro rumours on Twitter this morning - so that deal won't be affected at all IMO. Personally I'd love Bony or Remy, as both are proven goalscorers in the Prem and won't expect to start every week, and are relatively cheap. But the strongest rumours have been about Destro.

Drogba is, I maintain, better than anyone is giving him credit for, despite his age. Remember he really only began playing in his early 20's and he got 14 league goals last season. He's looked sharp when he's come on, he's not here just because of his name, as Jose has said. Jose doesn't sign players on sentiment. He may not be good enough to start regularly, but he's good enough to start when we have injuries, as we may do now.

And if we manage to get someone in by tomorrow lunchtime we'll have two strikers available for Everton anyhow. My guess is we will go with Drogba v Everton and if we need another striker we will use Schurrle for one game as back-up. If Torres goes we'll sign a striker either over the weekend or Monday.

Edited by James Prescott

Bison   

Is Bony any better than Ba? Bony always seems to be linked with top clubs but I don't understand why, I've watched him several times and don't understand what all the hype is about.

Man City have FOUR top quality strikers; we seem to think just having one is enough and his back-up being average/over-the-hill players the ideal scenario.

I'll never forget the transfer deadline day in January 2011, so much excitement and joy surrounding the transfer of Torres.

Could be a similar occurrence on monday - the only difference being that Torres leaves this time. Funny how things go sometimes

Lots of rumours about Falcao coming on loan...not a bad back up choice! Only thing is when Costa is fit again how do you accomodate both? Neither of them would want to be on the bench, and both are probably too good to be a substitute to be honest.

However, from a purely selfish point of view, Falcao here would be great, and if on loan would be cheap as well. Then could buy a backup striker we really want next summer, or even buy Falcao a bit cheaper.

Guess we'll see.