• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Holymoly   

Lots of rumours about Falcao coming on loan...not a bad back up choice! Only thing is when Costa is fit again how do you accomodate both?

If it's on loan who cares? I'd have no problem treating Facao like a cheap prostitute and only using him when neccessary.

If it's on loan who cares? I'd have no problem treating Facao like a cheap prostitute and only using him when neccessary.

I guess...but at his best Falcao is world class and you'd want to keep him longer. Jose allegedly a fan too, so might want to keep him.

Would love to have them both here...would be very strong up front then.

Scooba   

A striker signing has to be a given now. Looking forward to finding out who it may be.

A striker signing has to be a given now. Looking forward to finding out who it may be.

I wouldn't get my hopes up, we have been known to go leave ourselves short up top before.

ironstar   

Lots of rumours about Falcao coming on loan...not a bad back up choice! Only thing is when Costa is fit again how do you accomodate both? Neither of them would want to be on the bench, and both are probably too good to be a substitute to be honest.

However, from a purely selfish point of view, Falcao here would be great, and if on loan would be cheap as well. Then could buy a backup striker we really want next summer, or even buy Falcao a bit cheaper.

Guess we'll see.

He would probably be very good (nobody knows how his knee injury has affected him though) but he most surely will not be cheap. Monaco will want a hefty loan fee and he is on massive wages. I have seen several papers reporting a staggering £20 million outlay to take him for a year (fee and wages combined). That is heck of a lot for something you have to give back again on july 1st.

There's no doubt we will buy a striker if Torres goes. Jose said very clearly he wanted three strikers to cope with the fixtures and different competitions. So there's no way he will allow Torres to go unless a deal to bring someone else in is pretty much done.

I'm just interested as to who it could be.

It's laughable really, we finally look like we have found a striker who will score goals then he goes and gets injured.

Not really, City have Aguerro, these things happen. the laughable bit is our striker depth.

I don't see the Falcao loan thing being much more than the papers jumping on the Costa injury and linking us with someone a bit more glamorous to get clicks/reads etc. I'd love to see Falcao here but I just can't imagine it'd happen. Also given his recent injury it could be risky. I think someone like Destro is much more likely.

Scooba   

I don't see the Falcao loan thing being much more than the papers jumping on the Costa injury and linking us with someone a bit more glamorous to get clicks/reads etc. I'd love to see Falcao here but I just can't imagine it'd happen. Also given his recent injury it could be risky. I think someone like Destro is much more likely.

Why not? It makes quite a lot of sense to me and if Costa injury is fairly serious and Torres does leave we need a striker every bit as good as Costa. Then when Costa is fit again we are in a much better position.