• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Twice? I recall it happening once. And he still got 36 goals last season. If he is injured this season but gets 36 goals, then provided we have decent backup I would be happy.

And the club did address it by having three strikers. And I am sure they have had a plan to replace Torres if he went. Despite what many think, the club aren't stupid.

They aren't addressing the Costa injury, but Torres leaving.

Pulls out of Spain squad in November last year due to leg injury. Taken off on a stretcher late in the season against Barcelona with a leg injury. Likely out of squad to face Everton on Saturday with... a leg injury.

paulw66   

Pulls out of Spain squad in November last year due to leg injury. Taken off on a stretcher late in the season against Barcelona with a leg injury. Likely out of squad to face Everton on Saturday with... a leg injury.

Wasnt one of those becasue he collided with the goal post?

You're not far away from a marriage proposal Bob, I don't know how well that will sit with you though.

Tempting offer, but having been married once already, I know 100% that I am not suited to that particular institution. Sorry ;-)

paulw66   

Tempting offer, but having been married once already, I know 100% that I am not suited to that particular institution. Sorry ;-)

Perhaps with a man it will be different? :-)

Perhaps with a man it will be different? :-)

Hugh Jars 99 is a bloke??? Damn... I thought s/he was some bootylicious babe like this:

booty.jpg

Frightening how wrong you can be reading stuff into people's names!

BlueFizz   

Twice? I recall it happening once. And he still got 36 goals last season. If he is injured this season but gets 36 goals, then provided we have decent backup I would be happy.

And the club did address it by having three strikers. And I am sure they have had a plan to replace Torres if he went. Despite what many think, the club aren't stupid.

They aren't addressing the Costa injury, but Torres leaving.

I'm pretty sure the club doctors and physios are at this very moment addressing the Costa injury -and I think our track record for prevention and recovery times is on the whole amongst the best in the Premiership.

Are we really going to 'brick it' every time Costa feels a muscle this season? I think many here will, whether Torres stays or goes and is replaced.

Jay Seal   

Were these all hamstring related? At least if the current issue is a small muscle strain then it's not really related to the prior issues. The only severe one being the end of season hamstring stuff he was never given the opportunity to recover properly from.

We need Torres gone and we need another striker - same as before.

Bison   

I'm pretty sure the club doctors and physios are at this very moment addressing the Costa injury -and I think our track record for prevention and recovery times is on the whole amongst the best in the Premiership.

Are we really going to 'brick it' every time Costa feels a muscle this season? I think many here will, whether Torres stays or goes and is replaced.

Or our squad is always so short that we have players performing when they really shouldn't be...

Small squad makes the medical team look brilliant.

How many games did he miss for his club last season? Barely any. He got 36 goals.

Being out for a couple of weeks once or maybe twice a season isn't a liability at all. Especially not if he gets 30 plus goals. It's not like he is always missing half a season with injury (he isn't Van Persie).

And as I have said, there is no way we aren't replacing Torres in the squad.

There is clearly a plan, but the club are keeping quiet about it because it's no ones business but the club. As I said, they aren't half as niave or stupid as people seem to think. Do we really think with a manager as meticulous as Jose this hadn't crossed their mind?

Costa, Destro and Drogba isn't a bad set of striking options for me. I suspect that's what it will be.