• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Dingus   

Falcao is off to Madrid most likely so we can cross him off the list.

Fact of the matter is that whoever comes in means that Jose has three strikers that he will have overseen coming into the club rather than having to use what's been handed to him ala Torres.

I'd imagine it will be between Destro and Remy.

Just seen quotes from Roma execs who say Destro isn't for sale to anyone. We're now being linked with Remy too from what I have seen.

Hernandez? Too player. Great supersub, genuine goalscorer, great in the box. No idea why anyone wouldn't like him here.

But think he is down the list. Remy and Martinez would be before him.

Because outside the box he'd be as useful as my nan.

Faramir   

To be fair we'd have to wait until Arsenal had done his medical before we bought him.

Very funny. Gives Wenger another reason to be miserable.

jones   

Will be very interesting to see what Jose says in his presser about Torres. If he is saying we are looking to sell him, then I would say it is pretty much a done deal. No way would he risk saying that about that player if things were not 100%.

It's a shame Benteke is injured. Think he is a very good all round forward and constantly plays well in an awful Villa side.

I'll second that. It's a miracle that they've kept him this long really!

paulw66   

Someone reason how can Real ensure that 2 top strikers, Benzema and Falcao are happy again?

Well, they currently play for different teams, I guess that is how.

Translated - I haven't seen him play, so I dont know anything about him.

What evidence is there? Well I imagine someone at Chelsea has seen him play before. Not that I can present that as material evidence. His goals record at Roma, which is tidy I guess can be used as evidence.

Or there is small matter that he was in Inter's youth team when Jose was their manager, so I assume he has seen enough of him at first hand.

Interesting info in your last sentence. Depends on how well he progressed I suppose. Nevertheless, the way we left ourselves exposed to the clear risk of something happening to Costa is still incredible. JM has said more than once that he thought the club had done very well to sort out their transfer business early in the window. Well, they got some very useful players it seems from the early evidence, but I find it very hard to understand how they've left it so late to address the striker vulnerability.