• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Mourinho press conference coming up soon. No doubt he'll be asked about Torres. I'm very worried he'll say some crap like: "Torres will stay with us. He's a good lad, good prefessional, good attitude." LOL

Well, they got some very useful players it seems from the early evidence, but I find it very hard to understand how they've left it so late to address the striker vulnerability.

I'm utterly convinced that this is a tactic.

We were prepared to go into the season with the possibility of having Torres but still had the aim of getting shot of him.

As the window draws nearer, we're in the driving seat because we CAN keep Torres if we need to, but other clubs have fewer strikers to pick from and Torres becomes more attractive.

Just hope we can tie up Destro.

Jose press conference today:

"If (Torres) wants to leave, I beleive it's because he wants to try a new life, probably a new league. He didn't speak with me.

We need three strikers to face the season. He is one of them. I like him.

We are doing nothing. Our belief is the market is closed for us. We like our squad"

In other words, he wants three strikers and if ine of them is Torres so be it. But if he leaves, we will replace him. But as yet, nothing is happening with another striker. Allegedly.

On the foreign player thing:

"We need to make a decision. It's a difficult decision"

As in, Van Ginklel or Cech could go. Or Schwarzer be left out of the squad.

Interesting press conference. Also said Costa won't start tomorrow but could be on the bench.

Edited by James Prescott

Kezza   

And what Jose said about Torres should clear up all you Torres bashers who claimed he would be happy to stick around and collect his cash.

And what Jose said about Torres should clear up all you Torres bashers who claimed he would be happy to stick around and collect his cash.

if you read between the lines, he could be stuck with him if the deal falls through, never heard any endorsement of wanting to keep him. not selecting him means they are putting pressure on him to leave, could be a one-way-ride downhill if he stays Edited by nutmegsw6

My take on Joses words are that we aren't willing ot pay for him to leave and if he wants to he needs to hand in a transfer request so we owe him nothing.

Again the symmetry between his entrance and exit...

Kezza   

if you read between the lines, he could be stuck with him if the deal falls through, never heard any endorsement of wanting to keep him. not selecting him means they are putting pressure on him to leave, could be a one-way-ride downhill if he stays

What Jose said still mean to me to say that he thinks Torres may have the intention of leaving, to a new country, a new league. Also most likely because Torres realised he's probably third choice. All this is in contrast to people saying that he would prefer to be third choice, run down his contract, collect his beautiful pay check, because he would never have any of this again, etc. etc. Jose actually feels Torres might have the motivation to try a new league and play football, considering the circumstances he's in right now. That is completely opposite to what people here try to make him out to be - a greedy, lazy, prefer to sit on the bench/beach than play football.

Well, if he's asking severance pay, I'm not sure how much difference there is between happily collecting his paycheck and going "on loan" for two years.

The way the deal is explained by Di Marzio, Chelsea barely gain anything from letting him go. Still have to amortise 9m for the next two seasons and take a hit for whatever the severance is. Saves a few million in wages next season, but loses what, from the players, I'd imagine is one of the bigger generators of income in merchandise and advertising, particularly in the Asian sector.

Of course, this is all quite vague and far from being fact, but if it's anywhere close to the truth, I can't see Chelsea doing that.

What Jose said still mean to me to say that he thinks Torres may have the intention of leaving, to a new country, a new league. Also most likely because Torres realised he's probably third choice. All this is in contrast to people saying that he would prefer to be third choice, run down his contract, collect his beautiful pay check, because he would never have any of this again, etc. etc. Jose actually feels Torres might have the motivation to try a new league and play football, considering the circumstances he's in right now. That is completely opposite to what people here try to make him out to be - a greedy, lazy, prefer to sit on the bench/beach than play football.

I think the money is his driver, Jose is trying to make him take another direction, whilst being aware that the club couldn't shift him last year and they may not be able to this year. He is basically trying to manage him pragmatically.

Greedy, yes. Lazy, No, just incompetent.

Well, if he's asking severance pay, I'm not sure how much difference there is between happily collecting his paycheck and going "on loan" for two years.

The way the deal is explained by Di Marzio, Chelsea barely gain anything from letting him go. Still have to amortise 9m for the next two seasons and take a hit for whatever the severance is. Saves a few million in wages next season, but loses what, from the players, I'd imagine is one of the bigger generators of income in merchandise and advertising, particularly in the Asian sector.

Of course, this is all quite vague and far from being fact, but if it's anywhere close to the truth, I can't see Chelsea doing that.

Yep, Torres wants his cake, nothing unclear about that. The club on the other hand aren't going to just throw in the towel, what precedent will that set. They would love to get rid of him, they just want to recoup some of their outgoings, only natural under the circumstances.

Edited by nutmegsw6