• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Jesus.... Who'da funk we'd be in a worse striking problem than last season! 0_0

Fundamentally, it's Diego Costa and a 36 year old Drogba.

Sounds a hell lot better than Eto'o and Torres, with a barely used Ba.

If we do add someone else, it'll be a hell of an upgrade. If we don't, I'm still optimistic Jose can find a solution to keep Diego Costa rested for the big games.

Sir   

Still think the striking situation could bite us on the gluteus maximus I'm afraid.

Ham   

Torres to knock the dippers out of the CL. Make it happen.

Buy Reus and convert Schurrle as 3rd striker. He's a better player than Bony or Remy or Destro.

Not based on what I saw last season. He is way to limited to play as a striker.

Bony is a good fit for us on the other hand. He is a good focal point and can hold the line on his own.

Harvz   

The club must have something up their sleeves. Bamford going out on the same day means surely they do...

kratos   

Surely we must have a replacement lined up, but at the end of the day this is Chelsea and we do have a habit of leaving ourselves light.

Personally I would be looking at either Remy or Bony. Both can hack it in the PL and both would be good second choice options.

Remy is not too expensive at 8.5M but the fact he failed his medical at Liverpool does concern me. I heard some things concerning his heart.

Bony for me fits JM's criteria in terms of what he likes in a forward, strong, determined and athletic but Swansea would want a fortune for him.

Holymoly   

Seriously how ****ed up is this? I'm more excited by Torres going out on loan to the end of his contract, leaving us with just an injured Costa and aged Drogba than I would be had we just signed Ronaldo!

It's like the ghost of Christmas Past has just left the building and a great weight has been lifted from our shoulders.

:happy: :happy: :happy:

PS I would have added more smiley faces but....Untitled.jpg

Edited by Holymoly

^^

Is they not a chance of Milan cancelling the deal before the end of the two years since he is moving on a loan instead of a permanent transfer, so he could become Chelsea's problem again and his performances for Milan could determine if we have to go through this tedious process of trying to move him to another club again.

If it's a two year loan, then no. The only exception might be if he got a long-term injury, but doubt that will happen.

The club must have something up their sleeves. Bamford going out on the same day means surely they do...

Spot on. These rumours don't come from nowhere. We've clearly got interest in Destro and probably in Remy and Bony as well - and maybe there's even another name in the pipeline (Falcao?). Either way, they will have a contingency for this. No way will Jose accept having just two strikers, especially when he has said all summer he wants three out and out strikers.

There'll be a new signing in the next three days.