• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Zoowraa   

I think Remy is a better player than Giroud. Giroud is a threat and good link up player, but he needs four chances to score one goal. Remy don't have his physicality, but he has better pace,technique and a better goalscorer. Every chance he will be a regular first choice at Arsenal .

It's a hard one to call, they have the french connection which must appeal and wages for a player like Remy will be similar I imagine.

It comes down to if Jose can charm him into coming to Chelsea ahead of them. Also the fact that history suggests you will win more trophies at Chelsea than Arsenal.

Edited by Zoowraa

If I were him, I'd look at Arsenal and consider that, in a few months, he will be behind Giroud, Sanchez and Walcott, competing with Sanogo for the fourth spot. Would you want to join a club that only really wants you for a couple of months? Whereas, at Chelsea, there would be Costa ahead of him and Drogba the one getting the odd minutes.

Moreover, they may have won the FA cup, but they look as far away from the league and the CL as ever.Generally, players go to clubs to try to win stuff. Don't see Arsenal winning anything this year.

Someone remind me, why are we after him again? Edited by Sleeping Dave

Zoowraa   

Someone remind me, why are we after him again?

I think he is more of a goalscorer who relies upon the team around him, rather than someone who will create something out of nothing. He has never had a chance at a big club to show what he can do.

He was not far off one in two for Marseille which is a league which is short on goals in general. He is also one in two in England for teams which I would not consider the most creative.

He has more subtlety to his play than Ba. I think he will link up and understand our play better than Ba did.

I think for the money it will be a good purchase. I would say a closer reflection of his true value is closer to £15 million area.

I will be happy to have him on board.

Scooba   

No player in the world chooses arsenal over us. Remy deal is done.

Now BBC and others reporting Arsenal have dropped their interest in Remy.

Or in other words, they found out he chose Chelsea and dropped interest so they wouldn't be "snubbed".

Or a clever ruse by his agent to get higher wages.

Scooba   

Or in other words, they found out he chose Chelsea and dropped interest so they wouldn't be "snubbed".

Right on cue.

As I said , they're making it up.

One thing I personally love about the Remy transfer is the way it is reported in the media. When Liverpool where buying him it only cost £8m to trigger his clause but now it's us it is £10.5m. What gets me is that it is known that it's £8m/10.5m(euros) but the media want to continue to make out we spend more than we do; I mean even Jamie Rednapp has said that it's £8m and his dad is the QPR manager. Another example was the Lukaku transfers where in this country the media reported it as an £18m transfer when everywhere else it was reported as 13m rising to 18m (euros), while when we sold him it was a £23m deal until Everton owned up to the £28m.

Edited by sebcfc

Not sure why we'd be after Remy.

Panic buy written all over it if it happened. We can and damn well should do better.

20 goals in 42 league games playing for QPR and Newcastle..... I'd take that as backup. Hardly a panic buy, the guy is class and well worth the 8/9m he'd cost.