• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ruudboy   

It's "true" in so far as if Real Madrid sold Ronaldo, it's not difficult to imagine that they'd be looking for someone of equally great talent to replace him. Nor is it too difficult to imagine that Hazard would be amongst maybe two or three players on their "wish list" whether Ronaldo left or not. However, at the moment this is all adding two and two together and making five.

Looks like it's a shared fantasy. When will these journos get a grip?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/509202/Chelsea-to-battle-Man-Utd-for-60m-Cristiano-Ronaldo

cam4blue   

Jose Mourinho has thrown his hat into the ring after forming a close-bond with the 29-year-old during their time together in the Spanish capital.

That is the exact opposite of what most "reports" have said on that subject.

TBH I find stories of CR7 leaving Madrid in the near future a bit unlikely (just as I find stories of Hazard leaving us in the near future unlikely).

Both will be staying where they are for the next few years IMO.

So he'll have to be re-signed this season then.

We can't have him entering his penultimate year. Would be hard to keep hold of him that way and the negotiation power would shift from us to any potential suitor.

I'd assume this is a top priority for the club.

Yes, as Courtois has just signed, Hazard has to be top priority now.

As should Oscar, who signed at the same time as Hazard did, and is apparently on quite low wages.

Yes, as Courtois has just signed, Hazard has to be top priority now.

As should Oscar, who signed at the same time as Hazard did, and is apparently on quite low wages.

Good observation.

Yes - Oscar would fall into the same category for sure. I expect them both to be offered new deals before next summer.

Sir   

Oscar needs to step up and warrant a new contract. Been disappointed with him for a while now.

Ronaldo has been the best player in the world for the past 18 months. Clearly he would have the potential to be our greatest ever talent if we signed him.

However, I would not want to sign him if it meant losing Hazard, who I think has more to give and I'd hate to see him realise his potential elsewhere.

hatty   

Oscar needs to step up and warrant a new contract. Been disappointed with him for a while now.

I agree with this.

xCELERYx   

Agreed.

I think this season will be the make or break of him here. If he fails to produce what he is capable of on a consistent basis then there is that possibility he will be sold on. In saying that, if he's happy to re-sign on respectable wages in line with the sort of performances and form he offers, then it should be done.