• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Scooba   

The problem with Oscar is I feel we are yet to find his best position. He played his best football with Hazard and Mata either side of him.

He's also looked like Brazils best player on a number of occasions when he plays RW. Oscar is never going to be a superstar but he's a great player to have. Super talented and extremely hard working, a rare and valuable combination. I hope we see him around for years to come.

He's also looked like Brazils best player on a number of occasions when he plays RW. Oscar is never going to be a superstar but he's a great player to have. Super talented and extremely hard working, a rare and valuable combination. I hope we see him around for years to come.

Agreed. I think we'll see him really blossom now with better quality behind and in front of him. Jose's obviously a fan so I don't see him going anywhere.

The problem with Oscar is I feel we are yet to find his best position. He played his best football with Hazard and Mata either side of him.

I suspect that some of that is physical.

Like a lot of lightweight players that eventually become CMs, it takes a while before they are really ready. Oscar aged 25 I reckon will be CM Right now, 23 this week, he isn't quite ready. Especially given the number of games he plays. But still very very good in a more advanced and less demanding role.

synavm   

Oscar needs to step up and warrant a new contract. Been disappointed with him for a while now.

Probably an unpopular view, but I'd like to see us ship him out for some serious dosh and for us to try and get Sterling from the dippers.

3Sphinx   

Like a lot of lightweight players that eventually become CMs, it takes a while before they are really ready. Oscar aged 25 I reckon will be CM Right now, 23 this week, he isn't quite ready. Especially given the number of games he plays. But still very very good in a more advanced and less demanding role.

What do you think of his game right now though?

Sarin   

This is pretty much it I feel.

What do you think of his game right now though?

Clearly he is a very very good player - as proved by JM picking him twice so soon after his return from the WC. Whoever the manager, you don't get to the fringes of the Brazil squad, let alone in it as a midfielder, without being very good. But I think a 30 year old Oscar will be even better than the 22 year old one.

Let us be fair, if there were 3 games this season where you might expect Oscar to disappoint, they would be the first 3 games of the season. I think all players go in and out of fashion, and it isn't all simply form. The more opponents try to shackle one player, the poorer he looks and the better others look. Then when he is not being talked about things reverse. Right now the forward players are making their runs for Fabregas. When Fabregas starts to be marked out of the game, that will change too.

In other words I am not worried if he is not impressing right now.

Probably an unpopular view, but I'd like to see us ship him out for some serious dosh and for us to try and get Sterling from the dippers.

I'm totally and irrationally biased against him, but I think Sterling is rubbish. He'll be at Tottenham in 3 years.