• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Probably an unpopular view, but I'd like to see us ship him out for some serious dosh and for us to try and get Sterling from the dippers.

I think we tried to get him from QPR But he was only interested in Liverpool

Khobar   

I'm totally and irrationally biased against him, but I think Sterling is rubbish. He'll be at Tottenham in 3 years.

Sounds perfectly rational to me. Could quite easily go the same direction as previous pace merchants such as Lennon,Townsend,Agbonlahor,Young etc.

I'm totally and irrationally biased against him, but I think Sterling is rubbish. He'll be at Tottenham in 3 years.

Without joining in with the actual prediction I really don't rate him either. Pace and some trickery but painfully unintelligent on the pitch and in his movements/decision-making.

He's like a Ferrari with a bad driver behind the wheel.

I'm far from a scouse-sympathiser but I do think Sterling has more nuance to his game that the speed merchants mentioned above.

His vision on through-balls and runs, his ability to hit an inch-perfect pass with the outside of his boot and the fact that he can play across the park in AM puts him ahead of the likes of Lennon for me.

Zoowraa   

Sounds perfectly rational to me. Could quite easily go the same direction as previous pace merchants such as Lennon,Townsend,Agbonlahor,Young etc.

Without joining in with the actual prediction I really don't rate him either. Pace and some trickery but painfully unintelligent on the pitch and in his movements/decision-making.

He's like a Ferrari with a bad driver behind the wheel.

Can't agree with these comments at all. As much as I hate that club, they have a proper talent on their hands here. The lad has it all, pace,skill, intelligence, end product, strength (for his size).

He is already a £40 million pound player imo. He looked impressive when he first broke into the team, but had to go backwards to move forwards. The improvement from him in the last 12 months is huge.

The potential is there to be another Bale, which is impressive considering he does not have the athleticism and size that Bale has.

The fact he is only 18/19 and producing the level of quality he currently is should not be underestimated. Far,far more to his game than the players he has been compared to above.

Yeah, Sterling is the real deal. Aside from his physical strenghts, I do think he's a smart player. Anticipates the game very well and he's very calm in front of goal. Very adaptable aswell, must be a dream for a manager.

He still can improve his passing and ofcourse to be a top player you need to be consistent. Last season he was quite poor up until the new year, before really kicking on.

Harvz   

Much smarter than SWP, that's very obvious. Don't like him, really don't like his club. But he's a good player alright.

Sterling shines, if he has lots of space, similar to Sturridge. I doubt he'd look much better than Schurrle or Salah here. He'd definitely look bad next to Hazard and Oscar.

That said, he is a very, very good player.

But if it was up to me, we'd never buy another player from Liverpool. They've all been horrible.

Edited by Chelsea'Til_IDie