• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Personally don't understand what Real sees in Ramires that they don't see in Khedira. Khedira looks a more complete player.

When you have Bale, Ronaldo, James in the same midfield, you kind of need a player with four lungs to cover for the lack of balance. Khedira is a good player but doesn't move as well as Rambo.

Khedira would be a great fit here though. Which is why I think a deal to bring him in is done and dusted.

Jay Seal   

Khedira would be a great fit here though. Which is why I think a deal to bring him in is done and dusted.

Have you seen anything to suggest that or just a hunch?

xCELERYx   

Actually think losing Ramires would hurt us more than some may believe. His energy, stamina and run through midfield isn't really matched by any other central midfielder I can think of. Factor his that he is versatile enough to play various roles, any replacement would need to be able to also have that flexibility.

Chel_don   

I would rather Mikel leaves then Ramires, Bring in Khedira on a free and Barkley for 25 Million plus other players we dont need like Moses etc. That would give us the best midfield in the world. I would have liked Pogba but Juve would want a silly price.

I would rather Mikel leaves then Ramires, Bring in Khedira on a free and Barkley for 25 Million plus other players we dont need like Moses etc. That would give us the best midfield in the world. I would have liked Pogba but Juve would want a silly price.

Speaking of silly prices, newspapers were quoting £50m for Barkley from City.

Have you seen anything to suggest that or just a hunch?

There were reports that he had stopped talking to real and that they suspected he didn't want to extend because he had a deal in place. His connection with Jose and the fact that we definitely need another CM is what I base it on.

That Real failed to either sell or extend him means that he has made up his mind to leave already.

Edited by Ibn Battuta

cam4blue   

Khedira is a good player (and a very Jose player), but I'm not sure we should be chasing someone who is clearly made out of fine china; even on a free transfer.

I strongly suspect that those saying he has already agreed his move next summer (if not officially then in principle) are correct however, and it is either us or Arsenal.

paulw66   

Khedira is a good player (and a very Jose player), but I'm not sure we should be chasing someone who is clearly made out of fine china; even on a free transfer.

I strongly suspect that those saying he has already agreed his move next summer (if not officially then in principle) are correct however, and it is either us or Arsenal.

I am not sure the bolded bit is accurate. Played 40 or more matches in his first 3 seasons at RM, and it was only last year that these numbers dropped off.

Would be a great signing on a free IMO.

I think with Chelsea at this moment in time you've got to look at the bottom line. As a result players such as Willian, Ramires and Cech are the players in the squad that may be shifted. The reason for this is that Willian, Cech and Ramires will all be on a) mid to high wages which we will need to free up to bring in other top players and b) bring in a decent fee (or both). Players such as Mikel and Salah if sold won't bring in massive fees and are also on small/average wages (for Chelsea/top European teams) so shifting them doesn't make much sense as you're only going to get similar quality or worse due to the frequency they play.

That said, I do think the Khedira transfer does make sense, as he would bring more stability and physicality to the pivot, while he is one of the few Real players that said loyal to Jose. For me, I think if he doesn't come to Chelsea he'll sign a new contract at Real, unless Alonso bombs out at Bayern.