• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

cam4blue   

I am not sure the bolded bit is accurate.

It is accurate.

But yeah. Lets pick up a player on huge wages whose whole game is based on mobility around the pitch and who has torn his ACL twice, his MCL once and is currently out injured with hamstring problems (again). What could possibly go wrong with that?

I think with Chelsea at this moment in time you've got to look at the bottom line. As a result players such as Willian, Ramires and Cech are the players in the squad that may be shifted. The reason for this is that Willian, Cech and Ramires will all be on a) mid to high wages which we will need to free up to bring in other top players and b) bring in a decent fee (or both).

Players such as Mikel and Salah if sold won't bring in massive fees and are also on small/average wages (for Chelsea/top European teams) so shifting them doesn't make much sense as you're only going to get similar quality or worse due to the frequency they play.

Willian will not fetch enough to make his sale worthwhile in terms of FFP. He's here for a decent stretch because of how much he cost (next summer for £20m he would be a break even sale for FFP, with the money from his sale being counter-balanced by the amount left to be amortised; and what would be the point of that?).

Ramires is very unlikely to go anywhere IMO. Cech is probably gone, there is no point keeping him around to ride the bench. I've said it before, but if we have one player likely to be our next "big" sale; it is Oscar. I think he is gone, for big money, next summer (not what I want mind you, but what I think will happen).

Fringe players on the other hand are always in danger of being sold and traded for an upgrade or players who can play more frequently. I get the feeling if someone (anyone) had been interested in either of the fringe players you mentioned, they would already be gone.

Willian will not fetch enough to make his sale worthwhile in terms of FFP. He's here for a decent stretch because of how much he cost (next summer for £20m he would be a break even sale for FFP, with the money from his sale being counter-balanced by the amount left to be amortised; and what would be the point of that?).

More dog wagging tail FFP nonsense. Nobody is really interested in the short run FFP calculations from people who have just learnt all about depreciation. Least of all UEFA.

The timing of transactions really doesn't matter (though the wage bill does).

cam4blue   

More dog wagging tail FFP nonsense.

Nope. It's absolutely true. We won't be selling decent first team players for a loss, or even a break-even; we would get nothing for selling them and they would still have to be replaced (which is a salient point to make in the context of a post looking at selling players for a profit).

Please take your act somewhere else, I want no part of it. Thanks.

I would rather Mikel leaves then Ramires, Bring in Khedira on a free and Barkley for 25 Million plus other players we dont need like Moses etc. That would give us the best midfield in the world. I would have liked Pogba but Juve would want a silly price.

If in not mistaken, Pogba still hasn't signed an extension with Juve. He'll have one year left on his contract next summer.

Nope. It's absolutely true. We won't be selling decent first team players for a loss, or even a break-even; we would get nothing for selling them and they would still have to be replaced (which is a salient point to make in the context of a post looking at selling players for a profit).

Please take your act somewhere else, I want no part of it. Thanks.

?? What does this mean?

If you mean that we should sell Willian if and only if we can replace him with a similar value for money player - then of course. If you mean it makes a hap'orth of difference if we do it in 2015 or 2016 that is nonsense. But you seem to have retracted that bit.

This "I know all about FFP" stuff is egoistic fiction. FFP numbers are smoothed cash flow. UEFA looks at 3 year average FFP numbers. And even then they won't care if 1 year is a little out of line with the trend. It is external financing they are trying to control, not balance sheet neatness.

Pretending that transactions timings make the slightest difference to investment decisions is as much an ITK show off as pretending to know who we will buy next summer.

With Khedira's contract situation, I don't see why we can't get him without losing Ramires

Switch Mikel for Khedira next summer and we're set in midfield:)

cam4blue   

?? What does this mean?

If you mean that we should sell Willian if and only if we can replace him with a similar value for money player - then of course. If you mean it makes a hap'orth of difference if we do it in 2015 or 2016 that is nonsense. But you seem to have retracted that bit.

It means;

Willian was bought for something in the region of £32m. That is accounted (for the purposes of FFP) as being spread out over the length of his contract (roughly £6.4m a year). When he is sold, the income is accounted (for the purposes of FFP) as a lump sum, minus the amount left to be amortised (this is probably the reason why we have "loaned" Torres to Milan for the remainder of his contract rather than just letting him go there on a free, as we did with Essien).

In the context of the reply I made, it doesn't make sense to sell Willian to make money (he still has uses in the team and I doubt we'd be able to sell him for enough to make a profit anyway, although it would get his wages off the books), whereas it does make sense to sell Mikel (squad player who barely plays, all the money from the sale would be profit, and he's probably on roughly the same as Willian in terms of wages anyway).

As someone said the exact opposite of that, I thought there would be nothing wrong with correcting them.

This "I know all about FFP" stuff is egoistic fiction.

I didn't say anything like that. But thanks for the sniping, goading and whatevers. My fault again no doubt. My second post back after a week of not posting and you're all over it like a rash (just as you attempted to provoke an argument from one of the only two posts I made last week). "Stalking"? "Feuding"? Whatever. I don't do labels. Like I said I want no part of it, thanks.

Khobar   

I'm getting out while the accountancy debate gathers pace, although I'm interested in whether we should gamble on the fine china or go safety first and get a mug.

I'm sure Droy will be thrilled tro learn that according to the Daily Mail we are chasing the new "Thibaut Courtois" - 15 year old Anderlecht keeper Mike Slavin.

Apparently he has already completed a trial with us but his father has said he'll stay put for now.

*runs and hides*

:)

Sea foot   

I'm getting out while the accountancy debate gathers pace, although I'm interested in whether we should gamble on the fine china or go safety first and get a mug.

Didn't we just give the mug to AC Milan.