• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Flinkers   

Chamberlain is a player I like, but I have never been sold on him as a CM. As a RW I love his direct running.

I remember back in 2012 when we beat Arsenal at the Emerites and Chamberlain was giving us problems down the right side, Wenger put him in central midfield after a substitution and the threat disappeared.

As far as Reus as goes I don't know how he has been since getting injured at the world cup. But if his buyout clause is correct for next summer then I certainly see this as smart business.

Serious injury to his left ankle just before the World Cup. Came back a few weeks ago and suffered a recurrence after a foul in the qualifier against Scotland.

Had been back a few weeks but was hurt again in the game against Mönchengladbach last week. Same area.

Three injuries to the same ankle in a very short space of time is worrying.

With Arsenal injury record, I wouldn't be so fast to blame any of their players, tbf.

It's too much to be entirely coincidental and I doubt Arsenal are stockpiling injury prone players on purpose... Logical conclusion is that their medical department is staffed by a bunch of quacks.

But regardless, I don't think Oxlade-Chamberlain is the type of player Chelsea should be looking for.

Yes, insanely greedy.

Like Paul said, it's really only swapping Reus for Salah.

The rest is already here.

One CM, one AM and a new striker next two windows and we could be a terrifying prospect for any team in the world.

I know people will say a new CB but it needs to be of such quality that Cahill is instantly demoted to number three.

Like Paul said, it's really only swapping Reus for Salah.

The rest is already here.

One CM, one AM and a new striker next two windows and we could be a terrifying prospect for any team in the world.

I know people will say a new CB but it needs to be of such quality that Cahill is instantly demoted to number three.

The problem with swapping Reus for Salah is that either Schurrle or Willian are not going to accept being a 5th choice as look where that gets you - the odd Capital One Cup game and maybe the bench if you're lucky. As for the rest of the squad I would say in order improve and not stagnant, then I would be looking at - CM, CB, 3rd CF and AM (but only if we're looking to get someone of the quality of Reus in).

Scooba   

Apparently Chiellini is out of contract next summer. I think he would be a fantastic signing if we could drag him away from Juve. Captaincy material also.

Rate him highly. Have done for years.

synavm   

What about Luiz Adriano? He's scored nine goals already in the Champions League and is available on a free. Could be a good option if Drogba leaves and Bamford doesn't progress.

Khobar   

The problem with swapping Reus for Salah is that either Schurrle or Willian are not going to accept being a 5th choice as look where that gets you - the odd Capital One Cup game and maybe the bench if you're lucky. As for the rest of the squad I would say in order improve and not stagnant, then I would be looking at - CM, CB, 3rd CF and AM (but only if we're looking to get someone of the quality of Reus in).

Once again you hit the nail on the head. Whoever comes in, there is a knock on effect on the squad as a whole. It's not so much the unused players that are the problem, it's those on the immediate fringes of the first team.