• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

My guess is that Man U need him a lot more than we do and our name is being floated to get the price up.

Of course what Man U really need is a CB, preferably 2.

More like 3. To be fair, they've been screaming out for a new back four and a fee spares for a few seasons now.

Long at it continue. Last I heard LVG is on the look out for yet more wingers.

Reus injured again...

Yes, again. Those so keen on signing this guy (and he undoubtedly has talent), should take note of his injury record, which isn't too flash.

Yes, again. Those so keen on signing this guy (and he undoubtedly has talent), should take note of his injury record, which isn't too flash.

... true, but our medical/physio/fitness departments seem to be miracle workers. We kept a supposedly semi-crocked Costa going from game to game until such time we eventually persuaded Spain he needed a rest.

I don't want to put a curse on our season, but when was the last time we had a really serious injury crisis with several first choice players out for several weeks? Our injuries turn out to be no more than niggles and rarely to several players at the same time. Luck, maybe? I, however, like to think our post match recovery regimen and our medical department have a lot to do with that.

Monello   

Coleman is good and home grown. Half-decent and achievable home grown players aren't exactly ten a penny. I'd not be surprised if there's truth in it.

He's not home-grown.

... true, but our medical/physio/fitness departments seem to be miracle workers. We kept a supposedly semi-crocked Costa going from game to game until such time we eventually persuaded Spain he needed a rest.

I don't want to put a curse on our season, but when was the last time we had a really serious injury crisis with several first choice players out for several weeks? Our injuries turn out to be no more than niggles and rarely to several players at the same time. Luck, maybe? I, however, like to think our post match recovery regimen and our medical department have a lot to do with that.

Part of the reason our injuries are so rarely publicised is that we never discuss them with the press.

Our No 2 striker has started 3 games for us and has only once played 90 mins since he left QPR (and he got subbed before full time then)

Ramires hasn't played 90 mins since August either.

Mikel, who normally comes on when he is on the bench, has often recently not been on the bench recently without explanation.

Scooba   

Is Reus really that good anyway? He's good but hasn't stood out much for me anytime I've watched him live (Flinkers or any other German posters have a different perspective?). Scores the odd great goal but so did Federico Macheda. Ability/technically he's not on the same level as Hazard. There will be other players who are as good as Reus but a smarter buy out there.

Sure, Bob. But as Dwmh points out, there are exceptions, aren't there? And if a player's injury-prone, then they're usually that way throughout their career, no matter how good the medical department happens to be. See: Daniel Sturridge.

The foul on Reus was so brutal it would destroy most ankles. Klopp seems to be the type of Manager that works his players too hard, without giving them enough rest or time to recover.

This can be good and bad. Good because other teams will back off, bad because if he's re-injured than he might not pass a physical.

Mourinho is a manager who protects his players and is not afraid to go to war like he did with Spain to protect Diego Costa from further injury. When Costa arrived at Chelsea he was crocked, and our Medical Dept and Physio got him fit. Same with Fabregas, who said he never played a match without being in pain, until now.

Even Fernando Torres flew in this past week from Milan to be treated at Chelsea.

1) The foul on Reus was so brutal it would destroy most ankles.

2) When Costa arrived at Chelsea he was crocked.

3) Even Fernando Torres flew in this past week from Milan to be treated at Chelsea.

1) Maybe, but he's been out with the same type of injury on previous occasions, so clearly he has a weakness there.

2) No, he wasn't 'crocked'. He was carrying an on-going issue that needed to be managed with 'rest' (Mourinho made that very clear). And in saying that, I'm not suggesting that our medical department didn't contribute excellent (maybe even cutting-edge) therapies to aid the 'rest'.

3) Perhaps the reason for that is that he's still a Chelsea player, and they're responsible for managing his injuries? Players on-loan who get injured, almost always return to their parent club for treatment/assessment, because it's their responsibility to get the player fit enough to continue his loan. Means nothing in the context of how good our medical department is, or knowingly buying an injury-prone player.