• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I hope Jose doesnt do something stupid reguarding Cech, if he wants to go,fine then sell him abroad, BUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SELL HIM TO ARSENAL OR LIVERPOOL (unless its for 30 million+), but dont help them out

Cech would improve those teams a lot. I wouldn't sell. But Cech, who has children who have grown up with London as their first home, might be inclined to make the move to Arsenal. If that's the case then can you really deny him that? One thing is that he has a year left on his contract, another is that he has offered a decade of sublime service. I don't see Jose or the club going out their way to stop him from going to Arsenal if he wants too.

His option seem limited anyway, with PSG the only possible top team that would be in for him. Don't see him moving to Liverpool.

I'd quite fancy Cech sticking around for the rest of his career. He said he doesn't see himself playing until 40, so I don't see why he can't be ours for the next 2 or 3 seasons, retire at 35, 36 and then get coaching.

Reus with a 20 or €25m pricetag is a steal. And definitely a better rotational option than either Salah or Schurrle, in that he'd actually be able to take someone's place without a (notable) drop in quality.
Absolutely worth any injury risks at that price. In the market today he should easily fetch something between double and triple that.

Reus missed the World Cup through injury. He then missed 7 weeks of this season through injury. He's now out again until sometime in January. All to similar injuries. The guy is injury-prone, and to pay 25 mill for a player with that record, would seem to me to be plain silly, no matter how good he may (or may not) be when fit. Particularly as we don't actually need him. On this occasion, I think that Mourinho is telling the truth - we're not going to buy him.

Reus missed the World Cup through injury. He then missed 7 weeks of this season through injury. He's now out again until sometime in January. All to similar injuries. The guy is injury-prone, and to pay 25 mill for a player with that record, would seem to me to be plain silly, no matter how good he may (or may not) be when fit. Particularly as we don't actually need him. On this occasion, I think that Mourinho is telling the truth - we're not going to buy him.

I'd expect you're right.

However, it would be a bit nuts not to at least try at that price.

I'm not too worried about the injuries, he'd likely be able to rest more at Chelsea (unlike some, I don't see him as a definite starter). And getting injured over and over in the same place is much more likely to be bad management on the medical team's part, as it is "genetic".

He's Dortmund's best player by far, much like former Liverpool's Torres or Tottenham's Bale, he's probably just being rushed back way too fast all the time.

But I agree that there's no particular need for Reus. I'd much rather see Chelsea going for the up-and-coming strikers (Embolo, Icardi) and Paul Pogba is my personal favorite for the next big Chelsea signing (he'd just take our team/squad to another level altogether, IMO).

I can't see us getting Pogba unfortunately, I think in the next few markets we will continue with the break even/small next spend as we've seen in the last few windows. So for me we will be looking at players on frees (to be fair there are quite a few decent ones atm) and a few players going for good prices (ie Reus).

My reasoning for this train of thought is that the last set of results included Luiz, KDB and Mata's fees, while in the current squad the only players that may leave that would get us half decent fees are - Salah, Moses, Schurrle (a maybe if his form doesn't improve), Mikel (a maybe if he decides he wants a new challenge) and Cech (a maybe if he decides he wants to be a No.1). However, even if we sell one they won't raise serious cash and I don't think we've got massive reserves unless we hit the jackpot with a CL win.

Edited by sebcfc

Thought the results didn't include the luiz fee as it wasnt concluded officially till after the cut off date for these results? id assumed that was the reason it was announced unofficially and then seemingly delayed by a month or so, think of it this way too, psg used up pretty much all of their allowance from the ffp sanctions on signing luiz, the sanctions started in the next ffp window which id assume is the same as the normal accounting window (end of season) for football to keep things simple, so on that logic the luiz and lukaku deals go on next years accounts as they were completed inside the transfer window and not outside of it.

cam4blue   

Thought the results didn't include the luiz fee as it wasnt concluded officially till after the cut off date for these results?

There are conflicting reports about that.

We'll find out for sure at the end of the year.

FWIW I don't think it does include the Luiz sale, but we'll see.

kumbaya   

I think some posters here do not even know how good Marco Reus is - the best attacking player in the German national team. He'd definitely not be a "rotational" player (unless there are injuries) - clearly above Willian (yes, he is a good player, usually when everything goes in the right direction for the whole team) and also above Oscar.

I guess this is how much a missed WC can ruin your reputation.

Or create it.

Just ask JT or Stevie Me whether playing in a WC helps your reputation. Of Messi for that matter. Or Filipe Luis and David Luiz. The list is endless.

I think some posters here do not even know how good Marco Reus is - the best attacking player in the German national team. He'd definitely not be a "rotational" player (unless there are injuries) - clearly above Willian (yes, he is a good player, usually when everything goes in the right direction for the whole team) and also above Oscar.

Maybe some posters are just overrating him?

Not that it matters, I expect we're more likely to see Bertrand Traore or Thorgan Hazard at Chelsea next year, anyway.

PS: Even Kakuta is showing signs of life. May be too little, too late, but should he suddenly realise his potential, he'd be some player to have.