• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

For me salah looks a one trick pony, and hasnt looked like improving, with hindsight we probably should of let the mickeys sign him, 5th in line to a starting spot and seemingly not giving jose enough to think about in training am kinda expecting something to happen in jan in the attacking 3 positions, thinking salah off on loan or sold then someone else either coming back from loan or being bought in to cover him, I think he is another marin style signing brought in to keep the numbers up and if we get lucky becoming a usable squad player that can contribute goals assists to the cause.

I reckon Salah has quite a bit of skill. For me, he's struggling to be a "secondary" player, when he was always the go-to guy previously. He's no longer head and shoulders above his opponents and team mates.

Some players get over that, but there's plenty that don't, De Bruyne being the most recent example.

Yeah but that was the summer wasn't it? He'd need to be standing out at Vitesse to be at that level now. And he'd need to do that to get a visa too.

I see he seems to be starting every game and coming off after about 65 mins (which is fine given he is just 19), But I don't hear the kind of noise you'd get if he was really banging on the cobham door.

I think he's doing okay. Vitesse had a tough spell, which didn't help him a bit, but ultimately, at least from short viewings, he does look their best player. The biggest problem is him going to the ACoN, which means Vitesse don't want to be dependant on him, but it also means he's being rotated with a few players and played in different positions.

On the other hand, being a defininte starter at the ACoN would probably go a long way towards getting a work permit.

Ultimately, if possible, he's probably closer to the squad than the likes of Baker or Boga, but his Chelsea career really hinges on when he's allowed to join Chelsea properly.

Edited by Chelsea'Til_IDie

Holymoly   

The Mirror now suggesting we're looking for a club to loan Salah out to in January suggesting we're looking to bring in at least one new face as the majority of our loanees are contracted to the end of the season and can't be recalled.

The Mirror now suggesting we're looking for a club to loan Salah out to in January suggesting we're looking to bring in at least one new face as the majority of our loanees are contracted to the end of the season and can't be recalled.

Pointless. Who's available in January? Another stop-gap a la Salah?

Our squad planning outside of the main 16 deserves a lot of criticism. This should have been rectified this summer. It was crystal clear we lacked at least another viable AM option. And here we are - Schurrle having been sick and hence unusable at the moment and a way below par Salah.

Where are all these great squad options I hear the media and fans talk about? Not with us that's for sure.

Our squad planning outside of the main 16 deserves a lot of criticism. This should have been rectified this summer. It was crystal clear we lacked at least another viable AM option. And here we are - Schurrle having been sick and hence unusable at the moment and a way below par Salah.

Where are all these great squad options I hear the media and fans talk about? Not with us that's for sure.

If it's true about Schurrle having been taken down by illness, then I'm not too worried about loaning out Salah as we can cover him by promoting Boga, while Remy can also fill in if required as let's face it if there is going to be another top AM come in id imagine the club will be keeping an eye on Reus (due to price, age and skill set - he is almost a perfect match, barring the injuries of course).

As for Jan, I thinks vital that we get another CB in, as I'm still not sold on Zouma if we have a long-term injury to JT or Cahill. Personally, I would be all over Schar at Basle as he is out of contract in the summer, been Basle's best player for the past two seasons, has plenty of first team experience at domestic and European level and is only 22. At most he would cost £9m, which even if he doesn't work out we could pretty much recoup all that money, while he will also be on comparatively low wages.

Edited by sebcfc

The point is probably not a replacement per se, but making the best of some situations. Salah isn't playing and needs to. Atsu (or any other of quite a few loanees) aren't even playing on loan and would benefit more from being around the first team, than wherever they are now. Van Ginkel, Atsu and Kalas should definitely be recalled and would be able to bolster our numbers, too.

The squad was worse last season, so we're going the right way.

As for Jan, I thinks vital that we get another CB in, as I'm still not sold on Zouma if we have a long-term injury to JT or Cahill. Personally, I would be all over Schar at Basle as he is out of contract in the summer, been Basle's best player for the past two seasons, has plenty of first team experience at domestic and European level and is only 22. At most he would cost £9m, which even if he doesn't work out we could pretty much recoup all that money, while he will also be on comparatively low wages.

If Salah is anything to go by, being the standout player over there doesn't mean much for a top EPL team.

And I think Zouma is looking much more comfortable and, next to Terry, even confident. But in any case Cahill is adequate, when he's alongside Terry. Problem is, we don't even know if Terry's going to be playing next season. So in one respect I'm alsolutely in agreement: Some new CBs are in order, and fast.

And I think Zouma is looking much more comfortable and, next to Terry, even confident. But in any case Cahill is adequate, when he's alongside Terry. Problem is, we don't even know if Terry's going to be playing next season. So in one respect I'm alsolutely in agreement: Some new CBs are in order, and fast.

Terry will be here next season, and the 3 seasons after that - you can be sure. On 1 season contracts because that is what will suit him the most and pay him the most.

At present we have 4CBs with Zouma and ivanovic. And while I'd prefer 6 good defenders to 5+Zouma + Ake, I'd much prefer 2 more CMs/AMs first.

Kalas and Omeruo are on loan, Chalobah too. As far as I can see we have 3 top class CBs, 2 very promising ones/competent bench players in Zouma and Omeruo, and a bloke called Christensen. That 6, plus Kalas and Chalobah would all have played for Man U this season.

As above, I agree that there's no way we should be spending any money on defenders for the next 3 years, given the investments we've already made and the players we have coming through.

Quality back-ups in CM and AM are what we need. We'll need to be creative with squad planning as for 4 squad spaces (3rd GK, new 5th CM, new 6th AM, 3rd ST) we have 2 foreign slots left (currently filled by Schwarzer and Drogba).

Terry will be here next season, and the 3 seasons after that - you can be sure. On 1 season contracts because that is what will suit him the most and pay him the most.

At present we have 4CBs with Zouma and ivanovic. And while I'd prefer 6 good defenders to 5+Zouma + Ake, I'd much prefer 2 more CMs/AMs first.

Kalas and Omeruo are on loan, Chalobah too. As far as I can see we have 3 top class CBs, 2 very promising ones/competent bench players in Zouma and Omeruo, and a bloke called Christensen. That 6, plus Kalas and Chalobah would all have played for Man U this season.

I'll have to take your word for it, I wouldn't expect Terry to leave, but I don't see him playing for very long beyond this season, either. At 34 on Sunday, the next big injury is as likely to end his career as the next big trophy...

And I'm all for the likes of Chalobah to be given a go, either way, there will be need for some new defensive talent in the next two, maybe three seasons. And not just one or two, but quite possibly 3 or even 4 CBs, and at least a fullback for each side.

As above, I agree that there's no way we should be spending any money on defenders for the next 3 years, given the investments we've already made and the players we have coming through.

Quality back-ups in CM and AM are what we need. We'll need to be creative with squad planning as for 4 squad spaces (3rd GK, new 5th CM, new 6th AM, 3rd ST) we have 2 foreign slots left (currently filled by Schwarzer and Drogba).

That will be the biggest challenge, IMO.