• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Scooba   

Almost some discussion of transfer speculation there. Well shut down. Great job.

Maybe someone should create a thread where people who want to can discuss transfer talk without being made to feel foolish?

What to call it though...

This made me laugh. No need to throw your toys out of the pram.

Scooba   

Varane, Reus and Pogba would be the dream. Alas, it'd take an enormous outlay and wouldn't happen.

I don't think we really need Varane, but agree we probably need another CB in the not so distant future.

Reus I'm not sold on. Just never seems to dazzle me or look anything special anytime I watch him. Firmino would be one attacker I would prefer over him in the German league. Suppose it all comes down to prices.

Pogba would be a great signing but won't happen for years.

Khobar   

So, rumours of Messi to Chelsea, word of Turkish Air becoming shirt sponsors. Messi and Drogba in Turkish Air advert. Done deal...........?

So, rumours of Messi to Chelsea, word of Turkish Air becoming shirt sponsors. Messi and Drogba in Turkish Air advert. Done deal...........?

Reluctant as I am to poo poo your suggestion but the ad suggest we may only get a picture of Messi, not the real deal.

Nice ad though

I'd avoid Messi like the plague. Not the footballer Ronaldo is and I fear he'd be a very, very expensive fiasco here in England.

CRon on the other hand... But that will never, ever happen.

I don't think we really need Varane, but agree we probably need another CB in the not so distant future.

Reus I'm not sold on. Just never seems to dazzle me or look anything special anytime I watch him. Firmino would be one attacker I would prefer over him in the German league. Suppose it all comes down to prices.

Pogba would be a great signing but won't happen for years.

In that case I'm sure you'd plump for Reus, if he was available for the same kind of money as Firminho? He's supposed to be €25m in the summer, I'm not sure Firminho would be much less...

I'd avoid Messi like the plague. Not the footballer Ronaldo is and I fear he'd be a very, very expensive fiasco here in England.

CRon on the other hand... But that will never, ever happen.

I pray we never, ever spend that kind of money on anybody ever again.

Torres was enough for me. We're still not over the hill with him and the prospect of actually getting him back makes me sick.

So 4/5 months after leaving on a two year loan, Torres has been so bad Milan want to send him back to us and cancel the loan.

It's so bad it's almost funny.

Apparently if he is sent back then we will loan him out again.

Given how bad he has been for so long now, will we find a club who will take him?

So 4/5 months after leaving on a two year loan, Torres has been so bad Milan want to send him back to us and cancel the loan.

It's so bad it's almost funny.

Apparently if he is sent back then we will loan him out again.

Given how bad he has been for so long now, will we find a club who will take him?

Liverpool?