• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I'd be elated if we signed Khedira.

I think Mo Salah will be loaned out, anyone but Liverpool, the Independent says Besiktas are interested,

Zoowraa   

I think it is almost certain that we will be trying to sign Koke in the summer. Just like Costa, he stands out a mile as being exactly the type of player our manager loves, we also need another option in this area of the pitch.

Only difference is I don't think we had any genuine competition for Costa, however, Barca seem keen on Koke too.

In terms of comparisons, I would say he is more like Oscar than Lamps. Probably not as silky a player as Oscar, but with a more combative edge to his game. I suspect we are looking at between £30-£40 million for him and I think he will be our one big signing in the summer.

A lot may depend on how keen Barca are though. I think he would be a much better fit at Chelsea.

I think it is almost certain that we will be trying to sign Koke in the summer. Just like Costa, he stands out a mile as being exactly the type of player our manager loves, we also need another option in this area of the pitch.

Only difference is I don't think we had any genuine competition for Costa, however, Barca seem keen on Koke too.

In terms of comparisons, I would say he is more like Oscar than Lamps. Probably not as silky a player as Oscar, but with a more combative edge to his game. I suspect we are looking at between £30-£40 million for him and I think he will be our one big signing in the summer.

A lot may depend on how keen Barca are though. I think he would be a much better fit at Chelsea.

Barca cannot buy any in 2015 due to their transfer ban.

Kezza   

Barca cannot buy any in 2015 due to their transfer ban.

You actually believe that's gonna hold? One of the biggest club with some of the biggest sponsors and business involved, there will always be a way around it.

-(ESPN FC) Alexandre Lacazette has scored 17 Ligue 1 goals so far this season, and his former Lyon teammate Aly Cissokho believes the striker would be a huge success at the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool

He can play right, left, centre, his style is graceful & aggressive in equal measure and he is only 23 - we should seriously be looking at this guy

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2215269/alexandre-lacazette-would-succeed-at-liverpoolarsenal-says-aly-cissokho

Jose said only yesterday that we should score more goals with the situations we create, this guy can create & finish off the moves.

Edited by nutmegsw6

You actually believe that's gonna hold? One of the biggest club with some of the biggest sponsors and business involved, there will always be a way around it.

Well they've already had one appeal rejected and last time I looked they weren't appealing again, so I would say yes.

Harvz   

Koke seems to be the player in the press lately. Seems an exact replacement for Lampard. We would come and Mikel would finally be off.

Absolutely nothing like Lampard. At all. But I'd love him here as a rotation option. Can't run Fabregas and Oscar into the ground, and we don't need Matic in every single game either (and given his size and the ground he covers, probably good to give him a rest as well).

I'd love Oscar, Fabregas, Matic and Koke all vying for the two midfield places and the No. 10 spot. That would be epic, and would allow us more options than we have now.

Pipe dream though I reckon, Koke will cost a lot, and I'm not sure we'd be able to justify that price just so we can rotate in a better player.

Isn't Lacazette like a younger version of Remy?

better than Remy, he is very agile yet very powerful, the complete package, he is carrying Lyon, this guy could not only play alongside our current strikers he would challenge them for a starting place

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/2120372/vote-for-your-espn-fc-player-of-the-month-for-october-cristiano-ronaldoalexis-sanchez-or-alexandre-lacazette

better than Remy, he is very agile yet very powerful, the complete package, he is carrying Lyon, this guy could not only play alongside our current strikers he would challenge them for a starting place

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/2120372/vote-for-your-espn-fc-player-of-the-month-for-october-cristiano-ronaldoalexis-sanchez-or-alexandre-lacazette

Isn't going anywhere in January.