• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Lampen   

Oh I don't know. Perhaps the fact he rarely has teared English defences apart plays a little part in that statement?

Against English teams. 18 games 8 goals 3 assist. Take away the 8 games against us its very good. And don't forget that's only against the top 4 teams in England.

DannyLB   

Out I curiosity how would that work in practice? The PL doesn't allow third party ownership.

This means that Adidas and TA would have to give us an awful lot of money so we could buy Messi. That would require us giving something in return of course cause nobody gives away money for free. That would probably mean we had to forfeit some of his commercial income or maybe even all of it.

Then you have an other aspect, when Messi will fail here we have two of our main sponsors with an active interest is us playing him despite it not being in the best interest for the club. I can't see Jose bending over for that. Not a chance.

One thing that we would give Turkish Airlines is unprecedented exposure and it wouldn't have to resort to a third party ownership. And in terms of pressure on the club and Mou for Messi to play....he'll play, it's Messi. Forfeiting some commercial income is not even an issue if the club goes on to win trophies for many years.

Oh I don't know. Perhaps the fact he rarely has teared English defences apart plays a little part in that statement?

But how often does any English defences get torn apart in the Champions League?

You don't think he's capable of doing well against the likes of QPR, Burnley, Leicester, Palace, Hull, West Brom Liverpool etc?

Kezza   

When a magical player is playing for a rival we drool. When there's a slim chance he might sign suddenly we turn obnoxious, egoistic and arrogant saying no chance he succeed here. Lol. And when the rumuors pass we go back to admiration mode.

calcio1   

I think I have to stop looking at this forum.

The thought that anybody who has any clue about football at all would not want Lionel Messi in their time is absolutely incomprehensible.

And by the way I think there is absolutely zero chance of it actually happening

Stim   

The thought that anybody who has any clue about football at all would not want Lionel Messi in their time is absolutely incomprehensible.

And at the cost of financially crippling your club ? Is it such a no brainer then?

Do you want messi

Everyone: yes

For 250 million pounds and 250k a week

Everyone: no

Edited by Stim

DannyLB   

And at the cost of financially crippling your club ? Is it such a no brainer then?

Do you want messi

For 250 million pounds and 250k a week paid largely by sponsors

Fixed it for you.

Do you want messi

For 250 million pounds and 250k a week

Everyone: no

If he goes it will be because his relationship with Barca is beyond repair. They will be in no position to command 250m at that point. Ronaldo went for 80m at the age of 24. Messi at 27/28 won't go for three times that. Anything over 100m wouldn't happen but anything close to it is viable. And the price would probably be worth it for a club like Chelsea. Madrid buying a galactico is whatever. Chelsea buying an all time great in his prime age is massive! It would take the clubs image from powerhouse to superclub with the signing of a dot.

I wouldn't spend a minute listening to the "can he do it on a Monday night at Stoke" crowd tbh. The level of talent here is historic. I can't believe the discussion in this thread.

Hazard on his own gets double and triple marked. If they do the same to Messi I could probably play CF for the club let alone Costa.

Edited by Ibn Battuta

There must be a bizarre contract or sponsor situation for this to happen. It's impossible to sign Messi in a straight transferdeal like any other.

I wouldn't rule out he's using Chelsea to get to Barca's board for some reason.

Codger   

If by a miracle, Messi is available at £60m, it will be the best bit of business ever made by Chelsea.

A miracle? That amount is a ridiculous stretch of the imagination by any degree. Where did you even get that figure from?