• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Codger   

Messi is in a different solar system compared to Hazard.

I'd drive him to Spain myself if it meant we got him.

Brilliant logic. It's not about how good an individual player is, it's how he fits into the system. If we're to change that system, you're talking about a lot more money (and time) than the frankly ridiculous fees being bandied about for Messi.

Codger   

What makes people think he wouldn't tear apart English defences?

Because whilst Messi might right now be one of the two best players in the world, and I'm sorry to break this, he's unproven in the Premier League and all its foibles.

Many people before you have made the mistake that past performance is a guarantee of future performances and will continue to do so.

Lampen   

I don't think Messi will be over 70 million pound. He is not in the same bracket as Ronaldo, Bale or Neymar. He is older and also he have done his job for Barcelona. They owe him this if he wants to leave.

Codger   

And we don't want him.

That's not it, James, as well you know.

I want a C63 but guess what, I can't afford it.

DannyLB   

I don't think Messi will be over 70 million pound. He is not in the same bracket as Ronaldo, Bale or Neymar. He is older and also he have done his job for Barcelona. They owe him this if he wants to leave.

UJPgYQb.gif

Lampen   

UJPgYQb.gif

Thank you for misunderstanding me. In my post's throughout the years I have always said Messi is the world's best by far. When I say he is not in the same bracket I'm talking about age, not skill. Ronaldo, Bale and Neymar was sold in their early twenties with great chances of development while Messi is already at his peak. And that's a big difference!

trad11   

UJPgYQb.gif

lol.

But anyway, do we really think Barca would let Messi leave before they would sack Enrique and bring in a replacement to keep the peace?

cam4blue   

We aren't going to buy him. He's putting pressure on Barcelona to make changes at managerial/recruitment level by threatening to leave. They've been run pretty poorly since midway through Pep's run as manager and are paying the price now. Too complacent. They thought they had a golden system but really they got lucky and had a golden generation.

I have to say though, that those doubting his ability are way off base. Phenomenal player. One of the best ever. Top two in the world without question, with only Ronaldo in the same bracket (CR7 is better right now but they have been flipping positions for a few years). He would not score at the same rate in the premier league but he would easily be among the top scorers in the league. Obviously we'd have to make changes to accommodate him but that's the nature of the beast.

Regardless; it's irrelevant. He's going nowhere.

Bony going to City. So off to bench warm once Aguero and Dzeko are fit. At least here he would be second choice and get decent amounts of games.

He will be gone in the summer, we might get him cheap. Good Drogba replacement.

Diddymen   

Bony going to City. So off to bench warm once Aguero and Dzeko are fit. At least here he would be second choice and get decent amounts of games.

He will be gone in the summer, we might get him cheap. Good Drogba replacement.

How are they getting past FFP?