• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

He'll get more games than he will behind Aguero, Jovetic and Dzeko, rotating as second choice with Remy behind Costa.

Really? So far this season, Remy has managed just 3 starts from 20 Prem League games. Just 4 starts from 30 games (all comps). This, despite scoring 4 goals, and delivering 2 assists (all comps). It was the same with Ba last season, when we didn't have either Costa, or Drogba. Jose doesn't rotate his strikers, barring injury. Imo, if Bony is interested at all in playing regularly, he wouldn't sign for either City, or Chelsea.

He'll get more games than he will behind Aguero, Jovetic and Dzeko, rotating as second choice with Remy behind Costa.

He will regret going there more than he would coming here.

Yes but the problem is James that City are prepared to pay £30m+ for the bloke and wages in the region of £90,000-£120,000p/w. I'm not being funny or anything but those kind of figures are making £48m for David Luiz seem like decent business by PSG. Bony is in the same class as Ba and Remy (both had at £7-10.5m each respectively).

At best Bony would be joint second striker here as he is so immobile, and anyway with the way Droy goes on about Matic's turning circle if Bony was to rock up I'd imagine Droy would have a full blown fit before the end of Bony's first 10 minutes on the pitch.

1+2) We would almost certainly have to change the way we play. At RW I think Messi would run the risk of being marginalised. At S I think he'd really struggle and I think we would lose some of our edge. Costa is doing a brilliant job not only scoring but the way he approaches the game and what he offers is when we sit had the ball.

[...]

Without thinking of what it would do to the overall balance. I can't see a working formation without sacrificing either Fabregas or Hazard. Simply not worth the risk and if people expect him to be "the best player to ever grace the Premiership" he's bound to be a massive failure.

3) Yes, Messi is a brilliant footballer. No denying that. But it's the ridiculous hyperbole that gets to me. Other brilliant players such as Neymar, Ibrahimovic and Suarez are utterly marginalised when playing with him at Barca because Messi goes before everyone else on that team. Instead of buying one past his peak Messi we could sign at least 5 Hazards yet to hit their peak. How anyone can chose Messi ahead of the second option is literally beyond my comprehension.

1+2) You might be right there.

IMO, you'd have to try Messi on the RW, with Fabregas as the 10 and Hazard on the left, with Mikel and Matic holding. Idea being that no team can defend both wings against those two, especially with Fabs in the middle, picking out Costa.

The wings would be defensively more vulnerable, but you'd have the advantage of a strong centre and not least, Messi.

But whatever happened, if you get Messi, you play Messi, even at the cost of benching Hazard or Fabs.

3) The pull of a big name ist strong. Look how everyone fawned over Torres, defending him to the death. Messi is a much bigger name than Torres, so it's not hard to see the appeal of it, IMO. Rationality loses out to emotional appeal.

Really? So far this season, Remy has managed just 3 starts from 20 Prem League games. Just 4 starts from 30 games (all comps). This, despite scoring 4 goals, and delivering 2 assists (all comps). It was the same with Ba last season, when we didn't have either Costa, or Drogba. Jose doesn't rotate his strikers, barring injury. Imo, if Bony is interested at all in playing regularly, he wouldn't sign for either City, or Chelsea.

Lucky for him, he'll be very content with watching Aguero do his job for him, because he's getting paid several times as much as at Swansea.

Yes but the problem is James that City are prepared to pay £30m+ for the bloke and wages in the region of £90,000-£120,000p/w. I'm not being funny or anything but those kind of figures are making £48m for David Luiz seem like decent business by PSG. Bony is in the same class as Ba and Remy (both had at £7-10.5m each respectively).

At best Bony would be joint second striker here as he is so immobile, and anyway with the way Droy goes on about Matic's turning circle if Bony was to rock up I'd imagine Droy would have a full blown fit before the end of Bony's first 10 minutes on the pitch.

I'd tend to agree, but his stats for 2014 are excellent. Plus he's not in the "could be much better, if he wasn't so injury prone" bracket.

jones   

I think Messi is an arrogant, spoiled little spine-less prick. He is not Chelsea, and I don't care how good he is. Winning the league without him will feel a lot better than with him.

Thankfully, it is never going to happen.

Zidane   

How anyone can feel anything but ambivalence towards the personality of Messi is a mystery to me. Guy is about as bland as they come.

lzheyi   

probably same reason why the young croatia player is going to choose leister than us

nateevs   
I really fail to see what our formation has to do with Messi's ability. And my comments is not about saving face - I'm making a prediction on the back of an analysis you seem unable to comprehend.

Your comment is about saving face after you claimed Messi is passed it. When you then go ahead and claim he will not fit into our system, I have to remind you of our formation and how Messi's capacity helps him fit into everywhere. Your analysis is not incomprehensible, it's an empty opinion and just that. While you think Messi may have been passed his best, many others on here think otherwise. It's doesn't make you clever; neither does it make what you are saying the truth. Stop overstating your ill-judged comments.

Aguero came here at what? 22? He's been a good player but hasn't really came into his own until later. He was bought at the right time and his physical ability is way above that of Messi. Costa is literally nothing like Messi or are you trying to say all the players in La Liga are the same but with different names? Is this the length of your 'analysis'?

Stop perpetuating falsehood. As a matter of fact, Aguero's most prolific season in the PL was his very first. You are lying by claiming Aguero did not come into his own until later. All because you want to sound clever. You always sound like you don't watch enough football yet make bold comments. So what if Costa is nothing like Messi, is Costa sccoring goals only because of his physical ability? Stop this mate.

You want to hide behind Aguero's physical ability right? Tell me how Silva, Carzola, Michu, Mata - to name a few - have been hugely successful in the PL in their first seasons? These players (perhaps except Michu) are infinitely lighter on the ball and way easier to dispossess than Messi is. Is this the length of your analysis?

The point above shows you that it is not the difference between these players that makes them prolific in the PL but the similarities between them - Football intelligence and ability on the ball. Messi in this case, is infinitely better than all these players combined. But somehow you think he will flop.

Yes. I'm convinced. One game against a struggling City in Europe

I don't care if you are convinced or not. This is not an argument about an ordinary player having a game of his life against City, it is about the best player in the world. You stake your argument of Messi's incapability of making it the PL on a handful of Chelsea games, yet seem unwilling to consider he may be able to do it despite knowing he was briliant against City and Arsenal in the CL. It's plain hypocrisy.

I just gave you an example of Messi fighting back for his team to retrieve the ball, you have managed to evade it after boldly claiming he does not have the traits to play for the team. Funny enough, I still see you speak of how he won't fit into how Jose wants us to play? Watch that video again and tell me Messi does not have the pace, energy and will to do what Jose asks. How do you keep this up?

I disagree. Space is everything. Why do you think it's hard to break down a team that "parks the bus"? I'll give you one guess. Yes, lack of space. Next.

What are you disagreeing with? I said Messi has phenomenal ability to penetrate space considered very small or inexstent and as a result, the size of the pitch becomes inconsequential. What are you disagreeing with? That Messi does not have the ability?

You are using 90% of common occrences in football to judge the best player that ever played the game. How you continue to do that and keep a straight face baffles me.

I can certainly see that you have a problem understanding what I've said. It's called making a call on the back of analysing him, us, the way Jose wants is to play and the challenges of the PL. Maybe that's too many parameters for you to process?

How does JM want us to play that makes it so hard for Messi?

His efforts compared to what he shows at Barca yes. Ask any Argentinian if they think he's the best ever player. I'd be genuinely surprised if more than 10% of them would say yes. Compared to Maradona Messi is nothing for most Argentinians. I'd certainly sympathise with them on that point.

Okay so he doesn't quite measure up to the performances of one of the legends of the game, this makes him "pathetic". Now you are wasting my time. You have nothing of sense to say. This is like claiming Thierry Henry is not all that because he never replicated his PL form for France. These are the strangest statements ever.

Let's talk figures. Diego Maradona scored 34 goals in 91 apps for Argentina. Messi has scored 45 goals in 96 apps. Very obviously pathetic. Let's just bury common sense and jut take what you say as gospel. For all we care, you have probably just heard that view from one of two of your mates yet boldly claim online that Messi is nothing to "most" Argentinians. You arrogance is disturbing.

It is clear you don't watch as much football to back up the football intelligence you desire to display. I should have stopped this discussion the moment you claimed Messi is past it even though he's scored 23 goals already this season.

James, this was reportedly said by Dinamo Zagreb. (link added)

The Blues reportedly want to loan out the 23-year-old upon his arrival at Stamford Bridge, a move which has been criticised by the player's father, and Dinamo Zagreb executive director Zdravko Mamić has slammed the Premier League favourites.

"Chelsea have no interest in Kramarić as a player, but as a potential investment or gift to a sports friend," he said.

"Using the influence of Chelsea, [Roman] Abramovich entertains his friends. If this transfer is realised, it will be football murder for Kramarić, he doesn't deserve it.

Of course if he did stay and we end up with Costa, Bony & Kramarić, that looks like a potentially good strike force.

Bloody Hell - Someone has stolen my conspiracy theory!! If they want the film rights - they are mine.

I could be right though.

Bertrand has always been a solid player without being spectacular. Sadly, that goes under the radar. I would have really liked to have seen Bertrand become a fixture on the left once Cole left. Can't really remember any games he's ever played for us and looked out of this comfort zone or depth.

Indeed under even CFC's radar.

CTD - Pogba - thanks yes.