• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

That's the point, They don't have to because he's out of contract in June.

Ah right, well in that case Yeh, he might be worth considering then

If I had to guess I would say that Messi is thinking about one thing and one thing only, "there is no bloody way I will let that portogeezer overtake my throne". He must have taken a long hard look at how absolute key players like Xavi and Iniesta are on their last verse and thought that this Barca team is looking at a lot of unstablity the next few years.

Things change quickly in football but he has to like the team Mourinho is building in London. Maybe it's more about him not wanting to waste his prime years in a Barcelona rebuild project than anything else.

Of course Barca have a strong team. But it's hard to see them overpowering Madrid the next few years. It's a cycle game and right now Madrid is looking like a team that is about to dominate for the next 2-3 years. Just like Barca did before. Add in the transfer ban and...well you get the picture.

If I had to guess I would say that Messi is thinking about one thing and one thing only, "there is no bloody way I will let that portogeezer overtake my throne". He must have taken a long hard look at how absolute key players like Xavi and Iniesta are on their last verse and thought that this Barca team is looking at a lot of unstablity the next few years.

Things change quickly in football but he has to like the team Mourinho is building in London. Maybe it's more about him not wanting to waste his prime years in a Barcelona rebuild project than anything else.

Of course Barca have a strong team. But it's hard to see them overpowering Madrid the next few years. It's a cycle game and right now Madrid is looking like a team that is about to dominate for the next 2-3 years. Just like Barca did before. Add in the transfer ban and...well you get the picture.

I've been leaning towards the "Messi is going nowhere and most definitely not to Chelsea" school of thought for numerous reasons, foremost of which is the cost/adhering to FFP factor.

I have to say, however, that this is an interesting take on the situation. Strange things (although perhaps not this strange) have happened before.

I've been leaning towards the "Messi is going nowhere and most definitely not to Chelsea" school of thought for numerous reasons, foremost of which is the cost/adhering to FFP factor.

I have to say, however, that this is an interesting take on the situation. Strange things (although perhaps not this strange) have happened before.

Haha that first paragraph was so Brent/Brendan.

Thoughts on Bale?

Seems Madrid will nap Reus for £20m but they'll have to shift Isco and or Bale as a result. Ancelotti still seems smitten by the idea of Ramires, who does look to be just a squad player nowadays. Would people be in favour of Bale and in return Ramires +£50m as a hypothetical scenario?

It does look like Schurrle will be off in the summer. Did think at the time with Atletico making enquiries for him for £30m it would be silly money to turn down. He has had a horrible time with illness etc but this can't be an excuse with his recent performances. He seemed to be up for the big games (City (twice), Arsenal, PSG) yet against the lesser opposition he looked lost and too keen to impress.

Salah hasn't been given a chance but yet again even if he was he isn't up the elite standard needed. The definition of a stop gap and an expensive one at that. We're struggling with left footed wide players at the moment so I can understand why Salah came in but that doesn't justify the purchase. Was around this time last year, if we wanted a left footed player it was Griezmann. Granted at £24m it would have been expensive but he has gone from strength to strength. Look at him tonight. 2 assists for Torres and a delight to watch. We need players who will genuinely challenge for 1st team spots not stop gaps, they can only get you so far. Last year was the perfect example with Eto'o, Ba and Salah the main examples.

Ramires looks to be the player we have been short of all season. Carried the team for a few seasons, and had a good WC. One of our best players every season except the first (the crap season CA got sacked for) and the current one.

Worth more than Luiz, that is for sure.

Seems Roma and Napoli are willing to take Salah on loan with possible view to permanent deal.

I'd swap him with Insigne of Napoli.

ripz   

Torres bangs a double against Madrid lol.

Pepe got taken off injured for Varane, if he's out,even for a short time, it could stop any chance of Varane leaving.

Edited by ripz