• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Zoowraa   

Since Liverpool away, Ramires has been on the bench for most games, with exception of a couple. He has come on in some of these games, he even made the bench for a dead rubber against Sporting.

He may not be in peak condition, but he is clearly available to play. Why else would he be on the bench. Players are rarely in peak condition on a regular basis.

If we really needed him in a title run in for example, I am certain he could have played if required.

If it was that bad of an injury, he simply would not have made the bench for as many games as he has.

Edited by Zoowraa

cam4blue   

Since Liverpool away, Ramires has been on the bench for most games, with exception of a couple. He has come on in some of these games, he even made the bench for a dead rubber against Sporting.

He may not be in peak condition, but he is clearly available to play. Why else would he be on the bench. Players are rarely in peak condition on a regular basis.

If we really needed him in a title run in for example, I am certain he could have played if required.

If it was that bad of an injury, he simply would not have made the bench for as many games as he has.

Don't know what you think you are proving here.

He has been used sparingly because he is recovering from a niggling injury. If we had more cover he may not have been used at all but he played through his injuries to help the team (commented on by Jose himself after pretty much every game he's played and backed up by the player himself in recent interviews).

Zoowraa   

Don't know what you think you are proving here.

He has been used sparingly because he is recovering from a niggling injury. If we had more cover he may not have been used at all but he played through his injuries to help the team (commented on by Jose himself after pretty much every game he's played and backed up by the player himself in recent interviews).

I don't think I am proving anything. Merely stating some facts, such as, he has been on the bench for majority of our last 10 or so games. That tells me he is available to use if necessary. I don't doubt he has been used sparingly, though I don't get the lack of cover as an excuse. We have Mikel behind the two regular starters and Oscar who can play deeper, with additional options such as Ake and further down to Loftus Cheeks who could comfortably take the position of sitting on the bench and unlikely to be used.

I guess the next phase of games will tell us a lot about Ramires standing as a first team regular. I don't see how he can replace the two deeper players, unless Cesc plays No 10. Whilst I don't see him ousting Willian from the team, unless for specific games , most likely away from home or to nullify a dangerous wide left player.

I am not saying anything revolutionary here .

cam4blue   

I am not saying anything revolutionary here .

You're not saying anything at all.

But if you are trying to prove this:

Hilarious. People did warn you at the start of the season that he would not be a regular. I was not sure myself as I thought JM would want his energy in the team. Fair play to Jose though, he has conceded his attributes do not outweigh the negative point to Ramires game...he is not good enough to play week in week out with the other options we now have.

Then you have not done so.

He has barely played because he has had problems with his fitness, as reported by all involved.

Zoowraa   

As I have said, the next phase of games will tell us far more. If he is completely injury free then we should expect to start seeing much more of him very soon.

Seems there is embargoed news on Hazard until 10.30..

Thorgan news though it seems. Could see Salah move on and Thorgan come in to replace him.

You could switch Salah for almost anyone without feeling a great loss.

Being linked with Modric this morning. And Arbeloa.

Interested to see how Kramaric gets on at Leicester and if he'll still be there in six months time. Always baffles me when teams faced with relegation go all out for finishers, but not creators.