• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I know you can't take anything from media reports, but I wonder about Milner running his contract down and how no journalists think we're in the frame. He'd command a big wage, is 29 and I suppose first team football might be an issue, but I'd personally be trying to convince Milner to join us. It's slim pickings so far as useable FA-trained players go.

Milner would be a good signing. Decent on the ball, hard working and can play multiple positions.

And as you say, he's FA trained... AND available on a free.

He ticks a lot of my boxes for a good squad option.

Edited by Sleeping Dave

Milner would be a good signing. Decent on the ball, hard working and can play multiple positions.

Plus, it's a little bit of payback for SFL !

paulw66   

I don't really see why he would trade being a squad player at City to a squad player here.

I imagine his next move is either stay at City or go to a club where he will start week in, week out

I don't really see why he would trade being a squad player at City to a squad player here.

I imagine his next move is either stay at City or go to a club where he will start week in, week out

Why not? Why did he go to City? Why has he stayed? Why would he want to go a worse team where he'd win sweet FA?

I'm not saying we'd top his list, but having the chance to work with Mourinho and be part of our rebuilt squad that's young and talented? I can certainly come up with at least 16 worse options in England. Probably 19.

His wages may be a problem and he may ask for too much. Maybe he wants I play every game or maybe he wants to be part of a winning squad with a shot at European glory.

Maybe Mourinho isn't interested. It was merely a suggestion of a type of player that would make sense to be interested in.

Our squad is severely suffering from not having enough FA trained players. It suffers even more with players like Mikel, Salah and Schurrle taking up foreign spots in the squad. Maybe we could also add Luis and Ramires to that list.

Those players are used sparingly and haven't been great for us over the last two seasons. There must be a better way.

Edited by Sleeping Dave

Reports sound like they can't agree on a contract, so if we were willing to pay him more (due to our higher need), I don't see why he wouldn't be willing.

Chances of him being interested in a potentially title-winning side that doesn't need him to play every single match in his 30s is probably higher than going to play for QPR or something.

ish   

I really like cuadrado, the fact is he is very similar to willian. probably better in dribbling and defensively probably similar but maybe just better positionally but tackling/pressing wise its the same.

cuadrado is the most fouled player in serie a, his shooting is probably more consistent then willians too but not by much.

if schurrle and salah leave he would be an upgrade on both.

another player in serie a that is just amazing and can play right wing well is dybala but he is a striker playing wide. still kid is the nuts.

I really like cuadrado, the fact is he is very similar to willian. probably better in dribbling and defensively probably similar but maybe just better positionally but tackling/pressing wise its the same.

cuadrado is the most fouled player in serie a, his shooting is probably more consistent then willians too but not by much.

if schurrle and salah leave he would be an upgrade on both.

another player in serie a that is just amazing and can play right wing well is dybala but he is a striker playing wide. still kid is the nuts.

Doesn't convince me, to be frank.

I haven't seen him much, but he'd probably have the same problem as Willian, Schurrle and Salah over here: He needs a lot more space than he's likely to get. He's unlikely to get to play out his strength in 1-on-1s (because it's 2 or 3 on 1) and subsquently, he'd have to play to his other strengths, which aren't as developed (and unlikely to be at nearly 27).

Willian does okay regardless of a complete re-arrangement, the other two don't/can't do anything at all. Which category Cuadrado would end up in would remain to be seen.

But if it was up to me, I'd rather not spend 27m to find out.

Cuadrado at that price would be absurd. Again, another decent player but not worth it to have another squad option at that price. Ideally, I'd like to see us upgrade RW with a brilliant player and shift Willian to a squad role... With Cuadrado, Willian will start over him and we wont improve the side.

Also, given Cahill's form this season, unless he can sort it out I'm thinking Varane's got to be priority as well. I'd honestly go for a RW option and a CB right now.

Chel_don   

Watched him in the World Cup, If we didn't have Willian I would probably say yes but we dont need 2 Willians. If we do get him I hope no more than 20 Million. aren't there any better right wingers out there available? We should be doing all we can to get Reus tbh. If it comes down to Cuardado or James Milner on a free I will pick Milner 100%. Very underated player effective both sides of the pitch.

Edited by Chel_don