• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Dingus   

Just to put a damper on things, Fiorentina Coach Vincenzo Montella has said there is no possibility of Juan Cuadrado leaving for Chelsea:

http://t.co/33CKMZ1tOi

And Jose said no one would leave last year at this time and we all know what happened there. Poor old Juan.

Money talks and if we meet the clause then he's on his way.

Edited by Dingus

So is Thorgan Hazard, and we already own him.

And personally I'd happily see him take one of their places in the squad, but we all know unfortunately it's highly unlikely.

And personally I'd happily see him take one of their places in the squad, but we all know unfortunately it's highly unlikely.

Yes, we do. Which makes me wonder why we don't stop taking the p*ss with the academy and close it down, and sell all the loan players? At least, while Jose's the manager.

Ham   

Yes, we do. Which makes me wonder why we don't stop taking the p*ss with the academy and close it down, and sell all the loan players? At least, while Jose's the manager.

because middlesbrough Can't afford to buy ALL of our loan players.

Zoowraa   

I like Cuadrado, but not at the prices I have seen quoted. For me, he is nothing like a £30 million pound player and I would only be interested in a deal for half of that price.

I think this is why he didn't move in the summer, decent World Cup and Bayern,Utd and us all linked. Fiorentina are trying to mug someone off here imo

tradu81   

Cuadrado fits our system perfectly, better than Schurrle and Salah so will provide good cover and can rotate with Oscar\Willian.

Will this happen, not so sure unless we sell either of the two.

What I don't get is why are Chelsea not looking at Pogba or Reus? Reus 25 Million and is ours, Pogba possibly more, may go to 70 Million but who cares, Pogba is already world class and if we wait any longer other clubs will come in for him and his market price will only grow as the days pass. We are going to miss out on an outstanding player, a player who has motivation, determination to be the best, key player.

Cuadrado fits our system perfectly, better than Schurrle and Salah so will provide good cover and can rotate with Oscar\Willian.

Will this happen, not so sure unless we sell either of the two.

What I don't get is why are Chelsea not looking at Pogba or Reus? Reus 25 Million and is ours, Pogba possibly more, may go to 70 Million but who cares, Pogba is already world class and if we wait any longer other clubs will come in for him and his market price will only grow as the days pass. We are going to miss out on an outstanding player, a player who has motivation, determination to be the best, key player.

The problem with Reus is that he has his pick of any of the top ten clubs in Europe, which means he will either go to Bayern or Madrid if he wants status and City or PSG for the money. The only way he comes to us is because of either He fancies living in London or to work with Jose.

As for Pogba as much as I would love to see Chelsea buy him could we do so with the FFP rules? As he'll be £60m+ and command £150k+ per week. The only way I see that happening is if we raise serious cash but to do that we would have to sell a number of players which would mean a dilution of an already thin squad. For that reason I see Khedira on a free as a more likely option

Yes, because what we have is currently better, and the best thing for Thorgan and for Chelsea is that Thorgan gets regular starts so he can really develop before coming here, not come here as a sub, which he would be right now.

So aside from the undertone of cynicism I detect here about Thorgan and all our loan players, is there anything else?

Thorgan I still think will get his chance, I think I've even seen quotes from him about Jose wanting him here long term.

We need a bit more patience with these younger players. Many here who moan about them not getting a chance are the same people who would moan if we gave them a chance and dropped out of the top four because they aren't quite ready now. This is a long-term plan - long-term meaning not right now, but in a couple of years, and they will be slowly integrated into the team.

Does anyone understand what building a club and a team for the long-term actually looks like? It's not like we have the Class Of 92...or any of them can get in about our current first choice 11. Honestly, could they? No. But give it time. Thorgan has the ability and time on his side. Young players are getting more chances slowly but surely. Patience. Not much longer. It's called long-term planning for a reason. It took 10 years to get us to break even, get the academy and structure in place....the fruit will come over the next decade.