• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I find it amusing that one week we're being told that Chelsea can pay stupid money for Messi, and the next that Schurrle 'needs' to be sold to fund part of the fee for Cuadrado...

I don't think Schurrle will go anywhere before the summer, even if we sign both Cuadrado and Douglas this month. TBH I hope Schurrle doesn't go anywhere at all.

paulw66   

I find it amusing that one week we're being told that Chelsea can pay stupid money for Messi, and the next that Schurrle 'needs' to be sold to fund part of the fee for Cuadrado...

I don't think Schurrle will go anywhere before the summer, even if we sign both Cuadrado and Douglas this month. TBH I hope Schurrle doesn't go anywhere at all.

Yes, would nice to bolster the squad rather than one in, one out.

Losing Salah is no biggie, like losing a baby tooth, as he doesn't play at all but Schurrle is still an option.

Agree with not wanting Shurrle to go but lets face it if we sign Costa and Cuardrado he wont be aloud anywhere near the starting 11. He doesn't make the bench half the time at the moment. Jose has made his mind up about him and as we know that is that.

Scooba   

Agree with not wanting Shurrle to go but lets face it if we sign Costa and Cuardrado he wont be aloud anywhere near the starting 11. He doesn't make the bench half the time at the moment. Jose has made his mind up about him and as we know that is that.

It's a shame because he scored my favourite goal of the season so far but I've always felt he's not quite good enough.

Well it looks like we are most certainly in for Costa with the quotes that are floating about, if we could shift Salah and bring him in as a replacement that will be a good deal. As for Cuadrado I still think he is hideously overpriced for the player he is, if it was up to me I'd prefer to switch Costa for Salah and then keep hold of Schurrle and try and sort his future out in the summer.

I just completely disagree. Fabregas has many qualities - but one of his flaws is his lack of defensive output

Depends. If you mean he lack a mean streak and doesn't throw himself about, okay. But if you mean pure mileage and workrate, you're very wrong. He wouldn't play in the pivot if his core defensive abilites (marking, covering space, positioning) weren't good enough. And he uses his game intelligence almost as well defensively as he does offensively.

If you look at how seldom he has to do a high intensity sprint for the sake of defence because of his own mistakes, and compare that to Willian or Oscar, you get a different picture. Because, bless them, they love a tackle, but look how few of them they win.

it's so easy to get around him when he strays forward.

Another sign of the high press not working the way it should.

I agree, his rumours have been denied by Wolfsburg a week ago, but just won't go away. With that in mind, both Costa and Cuadrado would be overkill, IMO. We haven't got that many squad spaces to give away, considering Zouma needing one next year and the possible (and sensible) inclusion of a loanee or two.

I'd gladly go for Costa instead of Salah, that should sort us out. Cuadrado for Schurrle would be an upgrade, too, but not one I fancy throwing money at.

Think we're all mostly agreed that we need a like-for-like replacement for Willian but with better finishing.

The best like for like replacement for Willian is Ramires. Very similar players except Ramires has that extra step in pace that gets him beyond his marker while Willian has better touch. I'd say Ramires is the better finisher - because he more often gets a shot away.

That of course is a comparison of what they achieve on the pitch. Those with a traditional idea of football will say they are very different.

Mourinho just reiterated his stance at the presser: Keeping both Salah and Schurrle.

Also, they're both starting tomorrow. Cech starts (pointing to Courtois' return to No.1), Terry rested, Zouma in his place.

paulw66   

Mourinho just reiterated his stance at the presser: Keeping both Salah and Schurrle.

Also, they're both starting tomorrow. Cech starts (pointing to Courtois' return to No.1), Terry rested, Zouma in his place.

You can get 5/4 on Schurrle staying beyond the window......free money IMO