• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Is Jose just fudging the issue? I'm sure Salah can't be happy at his playing time this season and reading between the lines Shurrle hasn't ever bulked up (or toughened up enough) enough to do the job Jose demands of him and maybe he just can't? Whatever, the point is neither are really being asked to do a great deal in terms of allowing rotation so I didn't see why it was so important for Jose to say the need for them to want to leave was worth banging a drum over.

I'm unsold on Douglas Costa and don't know if Cuadrado would be any sturdier than Andre is. Certainly unsure at quoted prices and must assume Jose is just trying to hike up any Shurrle price to try mitigate us buying this month. If either Salah or Shurrle were offering us much as cover or as options to change games itd be easy to bob along as we are but as Jose seems to have no trust in them in important games I have to ask just who is being helped by keeping them.

I'd love to have a different option to William or Oscar behind Diego as atm only Rambo or moving Cesc seem to please Jose at all. It does make me wonder what a few injuries would do to us right now and I fear Jose was being full of bluster on Friday and would love a trusted option to make changes to yhose behind the striker

^

From Di Marzio, apparently.

Says a 500k loan fee is agreed for (I assume) the rest of the season, with them having an option to offload him back to us in the next two windows. Otherwise they'll have to pay 17m (Euros) at the end of his 18 month loan deal.

Not a great deal by any stretch, but while we'll keep amortizing Salah's fee, I'd imagine we also have the option to get him back should he develop well.

It seems that we have given them a very cheap option to take him for the price we took him at, and several windows to send him back if they decided they don't want him.

We are only going to get him back if he doesn't develop well.

Ham   

You can buy tickets to an evening with Cahill, Remy AND Schurrle at the bridge on 25/2/15. Should we take that to mean that he's staying?

Stim   

You can buy tickets to an evening with Cahill, Remy AND Schurrle at the bridge on 25/2/15. Should we take that to mean that he's staying?

They can't even make a calendar without having 6 months of sold players

Ham   

They can't even make a calendar without having 6 months of sold players

That's different. This is mid season. We are in the transfer window and this has only just been scheduled. Salah is gone. No doubt about it. I think Schurrle is staying. Edited by Ham

I'm curious as to why Schurrle is so out of favour to begin with. Attitude seems to be excellent and talent is clearly there. I just don't get the fall from grace.

That's different. This is mid season. We are in the transfer window and this has only just been scheduled. Salah is gone. No doubt about it. I think Schurrle is staying.

Yeah I think Schurrle will be here until the summer as I think that he will want to wait to the summer as he'll probably have the option of both Wolfsburg and Dortmund.

jones   

That's different. This is mid season. We are in the transfer window and this has only just been scheduled. Salah is gone. No doubt about it. I think Schurrle is staying.

I think so too. Salah has never performed. Schurrle has experienced a dip in form, that has been too long to be called a dip, but that could be related to his illness in September and that I think has been made too much of by fans.

If Salah's just a loan, does anybody think we might NOT get a replacement? The loss would be marginal is actual playing time terms. And if Jose really is happy with the squad as it is...

If that meant more chances for the likes of Brown or Boga (being on the bench more regularly etc), I could get on board with that.

Edit: Of course there's still the possibility of a Traore return...

Edited by Chelsea'Til_IDie

I'm curious as to why Schurrle is so out of favour to begin with. Attitude seems to be excellent and talent is clearly there. I just don't get the fall from grace.

Schurrle is an able player. I like his directness and certainly the goal threat he pose. He's very different from the other 3 (4). I don't want him to leave as I think he's got something special about him. Not a great dribbler, makes awful decisions too often and is very, very wasteful. But still, there's something I really like about him. I'm not ready to give up yet.

But he must play much better when given a chance. This season, after his great initial start, has been a step backwards. Maybe the illness he had affected him more than we think. Maybe Jose is unwilling to let him play himself into form now that every game counts. He is usually playing as soon as an opportunity arises. It's for these occasions he needs to step up and deliver.

I gave up on Salah already last season. All pace and literally nothing else. Reminds me of the players from sensible soccer on Amiga 500. Those who played it will know what I'm on about.