• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Honestly, doesn't matter now. Salah and Schurrle are out, Cuadrado is coming in (apparently number 76?). He looks just what we need, someone who can beat players with pace and skill, but also has power and can track back. Will give opponents a different problem on the right. We're still within FFP requirements, so it's no problem there - especially if they bring Hazard back in the summer to give us 5 options up behind the striker (6/7 including Fabregas/Ramires).

Slowly but surely, Jose is building this squad. In two years we'll be one of the strongest in Europe, I'm totally confident of that - including some academy players (Bamford for one). And one which can dominate for many years, under Jose.

Edited by James Prescott

Ham   

Honestly, doesn't matter now. Salah and Schurrle are out, Cuadrado is coming in (apparently number 76?). He looks just what we need, someone who can beat players with pace and skill, but also has power and can track back. Will give opponents a different problem on the right. We're still within FFP requirements, so it's no problem there - especially if they bring Hazard back in the summer to give us 5 options up behind the striker (6/7 including Fabregas/Ramires).

Slowly but surely, Jose is building this squad. In two years we'll be one of the strongest in Europe, I'm totally confident of that - including some academy players (Bamford for one). And one which can dominate for many years, under Jose.

If he lives up to expectations he'll make that number 76 shirt his own.

Schurrle is usable. And you can't just pick up players in January and assume they will play a significant role. They so often don't.

*cough* Matic *cough*

Schurrle should have been usable. But his playing time indicates he wasn't.

You say that but when was the last start Schurrle got in a proper game?

Spot on. He started well and then completely fell off it. Lately he's been awful - just afwul.

That's the question ultimately, isn't it?

I would venture a guess, that he wasn't the initiator of those transfers, but finally saw the point (financial value) of the moves.

Salah is debatable, but even with him, you'd struggle to make a big loss while the potential upside was huge.

Cuadrado on the other hand is a bit overpriced and offers little re-sale value, once we've given him a big contract.

Doesn't fit Emenalo's MO at all, so it smells like a Jose signing.

No, I certainly don't view it that way.

Mourinho is the manager. End of. The buck stops there.

That some decisions are taken in unison together with Emenalo and others is besides the point. If he can't use his experience and knowledge to sway the others than what good is he? You think Kenyon, Buck, Roman, Tenenbaum or even Gourlay has at any time overruled José and said "no, we aint buying him. We've decided to buy player x instead"?

Extremely unlikely to ever happen and if it did, I'm sure José would walk immediately.

Ivanovic, oh I can't be bothered the list is long

Anelka is another.

Edit: Although Ivan hardly played for a year after signing for us.

Edited by Sleeping Dave

Possibly worth noting that although Cuadrado was in the stands today, MotD highlights showed Salah was too. I wonder if he genuinely is off, or at least genuinely is part of a deal with Fiorentina.

ripz   

Seems like we're still after Douglas Costa. The Salah part of the Cuadrado deal may hinge on if we manage to sign Costa or not. If it fell through we may pay more cash to Fiorentina and keep Salah

Edited by ripz