• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

^ Yeah - I'm slightly surprised people see Pogba as a DM.

He's not. Box-to-box or a #10. Literally a complement to Fabregas in our system with a vastly different style.

But ABE said a "dominant" midfielder. Pogba would fall into that category I reckon.

Yeah, they need someone who can do it all. Put in a tackle, break forward, score goals. Basically provide a presence in both boxes. Right now they only really have (and use) Kroos and Modric, which is aesthetically pleasing but lacks the force and presence that someone like Pogba would bring.

Of course I hope I'm wrong and they don't go for him, thereby paving the way for us, but I reckon he'll be perfect for them. Having said that, since when do Madrid make acquisitions to specifically better their team?

ChAoS   

This coming summer, we should source for midfielders in the calibre of Motta and Verrati. Are those calibre of players available, at realistoc price? Again, Khedira and some like Cabaye who isn't playing much could be helpful. More technically comfortable cms in our squad please

Scooba   

Wouldn't take Veratti as a gift. Horrible player. Right down there with Sergio Busquets, IMO.

Agreed. Horrible, horrible player.

I think we missed a trick not re-signing Tiago in the summer. I know it would have been short term, but we went into a season with Mikel and Ramires as our only alternatives and both (for a variety of reasons) seem unsuited to a midfield two.

It needs to be addressed for next season. Personally, I'd be looking at castoffs and want-aways from Dortmund and both Madrid's, especially if there are managerial changes.

Away from CM/DM, I still feel we need someone on Hazard's level on the right.

Cuadrado's been brought in, he's barely played five minutes and (with Willian probably best off in the middle) the position could be his, if he's up to it.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes the same way as Salah and Schurrle. I just hope he gets a run of games and a chance to establish himself.

We're probably a couple of first xi players away from being a top side but as many others state, we're about 5/6 usable squad players away too.

I want us to put a bit of faith in Remy, Cuadrado etc - but if seasoned internationals like that can't get a look in then what hope do Boga, RLC or Baker have?

Wouldn't take Veratti as a gift. Horrible player. Right down there with Sergio Busquets, IMO.

I'd sign the pair of them in a heartbeat.