• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Kezza   

Why did Jose sell Schurlle for Cuadrado? Is he basing it on Cuadrado works harder than Schurlle notion? It's absurd and it annoys me everytime Jose make such transfer blunders. He either buys a good player and sits him on the bench or he buys a complete dud and sell a better player.

Why did Jose sell Schurlle for Cuadrado? Is he basing it on Cuadrado works harder than Schurlle notion? It's absurd and it annoys me everytime Jose make such transfer blunders. He either buys a good player and sits him on the bench or he buys a complete dud and sell a better player.

I really don't see Cuadrado as a Jose signing, I think he was a committee/board signing. However, you're right Cuadrado was obviously never right and a complete waste of money, while Shurlle was and is a better player, which is what I said at the time and does make me realise that half the people on here make judgements about players without actually seeing them play more than maybe a couple of times at the WC.

Edited by sebcfc

Kezza   

I really don't see Cuadrado as a Jose signing, I think he was a committee/board signing. However, you're right Cuadrado was obviously never right and a complete waste of money, while Shurlle was and is a better player, which is what I said at the time and does make me realise that half the people on here make judgements about players without actually seeing them play more than maybe a couple of times at the WC.

As always when a player is bad he is never a Jose signing.

I suspect that much of the time they don't so much "sell Guy A in order to replace him with Guy B". I think they wait until Guy A, in this case Schurrle, decides that he would like to move to a different club and then, having accepted that he's gone, go out and look for the best (or best value, or even just most readily available) alternative they can find to fill the hole in the squad.

At the moment Cuadrado is a step down from Schurrle (whether that's just poor form/acclimatisation or actual quality is up to you), and I think if Schurrle hadn't wanted to move then he would still be here, so Cuadrado is more a case of the club "making do".

...Which is a shame because a) Schurrle's name is on my away shirt, and b) Cuadrado is inexplicably amazing as a Reumdeuter in FM15 but we would never be so lucky in real life.

Edited by stokerino

Kezza   

Don't think Schurlle ever wanted to move. Impression with him is he's not one to seek a move at the slightest challenge or lack of opportunities.

paulw66   

However, you're right Cuadrado was obviously never right and a complete waste of money,

Written off a waste of money before he has completed half a season.

Written off a waste of money before he has completed half a season.

No I wrote him off from watching him play in Italy and realising he was totally unsuited to English football. I haven't in the slightest based this on what I've seen from him in a Chelsea shirt, although what we are getting is what I had expected. Edited by sebcfc

As always when a player is bad he is never a Jose signing.

No I would say Boularuez was a Jose signing and so was SWP and Del Horno. However, I don't think Cuadrado was, as his game is totally not suited to what Jose wants. Obviously I am guessing, but I can't see Jose going "get me the light as a feather, easily bushed off the ball bloke from Italy", which he was even there.

Edited by sebcfc

How can any of us tell how good or bad Cuadrado is? He's barely played!! I think he's looked decent the times he's been on. He's not Schurrle - but Schurrle never tracked back and left us defensively vulnerable, and couldn't cross.

Jose just doesn't like bringing in new players in attacking positions in January - he can't get them into his tactical mindset, in terms of organisation and defending. Cuadrado doesn't have that yet. He's looked quick, hard working and skilful to me, and I'm sure we'll see more of him towards the end of this season, and next season for sure.

Jose has his first choice team and he's barely risked any position outside that. Cuadrado is simply a victim of circumstances.

No one here - no one - has any authority to judge how good he has been or could be in a Chelsea shirt, because as of yet, he's barely played in one. And that's more to do with selection stability, and team organisation, than his quality.

Jose wanted Schurrle out - it was pretty clear he did. Cuadrado was his choice. This isn't like last time, with players being bought without Jose's permission - if that had even been hinted at Jose would be gone now.

Let's give Cuadrado a season and some serious match time to prove himself, before writing him off after about 10 seconds like we seem to do with so many players.

3Sphinx   

How can any of us tell how good or bad Cuadrado is? He's barely played!! I think he's looked decent the times he's been on. He's not Schurrle - but Schurrle never tracked back and left us defensively vulnerable, and couldn't cross.

Jose just doesn't like bringing in new players in attacking positions in January - he can't get them into his tactical mindset, in terms of organisation and defending. Cuadrado doesn't have that yet. He's looked quick, hard working and skilful to me, and I'm sure we'll see more of him towards the end of this season, and next season for sure.

Jose has his first choice team and he's barely risked any position outside that. Cuadrado is simply a victim of circumstances.

No one here - no one - has any authority to judge how good he has been or could be in a Chelsea shirt, because as of yet, he's barely played in one. And that's more to do with selection stability, and team organisation, than his quality.

Jose wanted Schurrle out - it was pretty clear he did. Cuadrado was his choice. This isn't like last time, with players being bought without Jose's permission - if that had even been hinted at Jose would be gone now.

Let's give Cuadrado a season and some serious match time to prove himself, before writing him off after about 10 seconds like we seem to do with so many players.

?????

1st part - Blatantly not true

2nd part - Speculation. How do we know that Cuadrado was bought with or without his permission?? Or anyone for that matter???