• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Whoever you get to replace him, Oscar goes. Just doesn't represent enough of a threat, not consistent enough, and as I said, although at his best he is excellent, he is just not consistent enough to be a regular first choice pick.

And we do need to sell to buy anyone of note - he is the logical big money sell.

To replace him? Well for starters Hazard, Willian and Fabregas can play no.10, so a top winger would work.

Barkley under Jose playing as number 10 would work. He is still young enough to be moulded - but it's unlikely.

As I said, I am happy that your not in charge. So your plan is to sell Oscar and keep Cuadrado and Willian but then posissbly buy Barkley, who would cost just as much as Oscar? Wow.

The first problem with this idea James is that, even though he is inconsistant, Oscar's stats in the final third are vastly suprior to Willian's which ever way you look at it, while Willian simply cannot do the job Oscar does when we are under pressure against a good team. If you want an example please watch the PSG game, with Oscar on the pitch we had someone who was willing to fight, stick his foot in, cover the space others were leaving and actually allow us to go forward. Without him we had no attack of note, Willian simply ran into people when defending and gave away needless free kicks and we got overrun by Veratti. While if you want another example of our play not linking with Oscar on the pitch look at us against Arsenal: first half all good, second half almost no attack. However, that's not to say Willian doesn't have qualities he does, but I vaule Oscar's more since they have more actual impact rather than just simply looking good.

As for Chadrado staying and Oscar leaving I don't even want to comment on that as it's so ridiculous.

As for Barkley, under Jose I don't think he would last more than five games. He is very similar to KdB in that he doesn't want to do any donkey work whatsoever, while he gives the ball away time and time again in dangerous positions. Is this a player that you think Jose is going to replace Oscar with? I don't think so, especially when you consider he is only 1-2 years younger.

As for your suggestions of Hazard playing there, I think Hazard is best when he is allowed to drift across the three and not having a fixed position, this is again why Oscar has to stay as he can also difrt and do the job properly. As for pushing Cesc forward yes that's a good idea as that way Oscar will not have to be run into the ground, however in order to do that we need to buy more CM not more AM's who aren't up to stratch but have been tentatively linked with us in the press.

Edited by sebcfc

If Cuadrado pulled his finger out it would be a bit of a bonus tbh.

It's not him about pulling his finger out unfortunately, it's More a case that he is simply to weak to play in the PL and is nowhere near as good as people thought he was, as I am guessing most people watched him at the WC only.

It's not him about pulling his finger out unfortunately, it's More a case that he is simply to weak to play in the PL and is nowhere near as good as people thought he was, as I am guessing most people watched him at the WC only.

I'm not buying that. Our system of scouting players cannot get it right all the time, but they are not idiots. Maybe there is a 3 month body building cow eating program planned for the close season. He cannot really be this bad.

GURJ SS   

Cortious, ?, ?;

Terry, Zouma;

Cahill, Omeruo;

Azpi, Luis;

Ivan, Kalas;

Matic, Mikel*;

Ramires, RLC;

Fabregas, Oscar;

Willian, Cuadrado*;

Hazard, *1;

Costa, *2, Remy*, Drogba;

Mikel*- Is Ake ready? If not, keep Mikel. If Matic picks up a injury, we will miss Mikel, there is no point in buying another player and wasting transfer funds.

*1 & Cuadrado* - I would like us to sign Dybala or Depay, actually I would sell Cuadrado for both of them. Cuadrado seems like a rush buy, we should have kept Salah on the bench and saved our money.

*2 & Remy* - I would like us to sign Benteke, if we can put Remy in as a swap deal, then even better. If not then keep Remy. I would rather we have Benteke and Bamford, then Remy and Bamford.

25 man squad. Experience with the potential to develop our next generation.

I would be happy with that team starting next season.

GURJ SS   

Juventus agree 80m fee with PSG for Pogba.

No personal terms have been agreed

As much as he is a fantastic player, he would stop RLC, who I think has the potential to become a top player, with the right opportunities.

Source?

It's currently circulating around outlets of the Goal.com/Daily Express calibre, originating from Tuttosport or whatever the equivalent italian thing is.

Basically, at the moment it's no more official than all those fees we were told Chelsea had 'agreed' with Napoli for Cavani at one point or another.