Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

39,082 posts in this topic

I wouldn't mind one player in each department, Clyne, Schneiderlin and one big, big signing.

Up front we are light. I know that Diego is the main man, and Loic a great deputy but I think next season we WILL have both of them out again and although it's difficult to attract a good third striker we need to do something. If Loic leaves we must, in my view, use Bamford.

As for promoting youth and all these loans we have, if they're good enough, play them. If not, get rid.

As for Bale, I don't know. Eden plays on the left, altough I know he can drift. But surely Bale would be too expensive for us? Crazy to think after all he's done the Madridistas have turned on him.

I think we should promote youth haha.

If really have to buy, Gudogan might be worth a bet.

Mario Gotze has fallen down the pecking order at Bayern. When you get on the wrong side of Guardiola there's not many ways back. I'd see him as an upgrade on Oscar (in current form).

An addition rather than an upgrade. Oscar has to stay, he is a top talent. Gotze is a good player as well though and probably in better form at the minute but having both of them would be better than one.

Simple enough. The standard way to disagree with a simple statement like that is to state the opposite.

If you can.

I can.

But as I can't believe you're being serious any more, and I've bitten far too often, I'll not be bothering any more.

Mario Gotze has fallen down the pecking order at Bayern. When you get on the wrong side of Guardiola there's not many ways back. I'd see him as an upgrade on Oscar (in current form).

Goetze isn't going to leave Bayern, there's no way after he pushed for that move 2 years ago

An addition rather than an upgrade. Oscar has to stay, he is a top talent. Gotze is a good player as well though and probably in better form at the minute but having both of them would be better than one.

Oscar doesn't have to stay at all, talent or not. The bottom line is that he needs to deliver on a far more consistent basis than he does. This is the reason why his name has frequently popped up as a possible player to sell, and why he's frequently one of the first players dragged. Yes, on his day he's an excellent player. When he's bad, he's bad. Then there's all the nothing performances in between. With no sign of his workload decreasing in terms of overall games, a summer off, etc, if a good offer comes in then it must be considered.

He's not a player that if sold, we'd have to go out and buy a like-for-like replacement. A simple reshuffle with either Willian or Hazard centrally plugs the gap without losing too much. Both players could even rotate through the position. The byproduct of this would mean we'd have a spot for another goal scoring winger without losing all the important things Willian does.

Talent alone doesn't warrant a position. Oscar's had ample chances, more than most to cement a spot, and he's come up short.

In terms of who is coming in, I am simply lost now. There's rumours of Bale, Pogba, Koke, Clyne, Creswell, Schneiedlin, Lambert, Miranda, Green, Betinelli, Douglas Costa, Imbula, Luis Adriano and Lacazetti, to name a few.

I think it's easier to figure out who is going. And given our need to compile with FFP, and his lack of first team action recently, and other reasons, Oscar is the prime candidate. We can get £35-40 million for him (he has four years left on his contract, and he's highly rated abroad - he is a good player). We'll get £10 million for Cech, and there are strong rumours Luis is going, which would bring in about £15 million. Salah looks like he might be off to Spurs, which would bring in another £10 million. Add £10 million for Van Ginkel and Moses, plus £15 million fro Mikel, and add the extra £40 million we are meant to have, and we have £140 million to spend. Drogba is going too, that's obvious to me. And it's more and more clear Bamford is going on loan to a Prem team.

So with £100 + 40 million potentially to spend and the above players going, what do we need?

A striker, an attacking midfielder/winger, a midfielder, a LB and a number 2 goalkeeper. It looks like we want a CB too.

For me, getting Luis Adriano (top scorer in the CL) on a free, a keeper for about £2-5 million would leave us about £95-135 million to spend. So if that case you could spend £75 million on Bale and £30 million on a new CB (Varane/Stones), and £15 million on Creswell, and your total spend would be £125 million, well under the £100 + £40 million we have to spend. If you remember we made £20 million profit last year, and taking into account the new sponsorship deal and the extra bonus for winning the league, we could easily cope with a net spend of £25 million.

With an extra CB Zouma could cover at DM if necessary, and RLC would become a full member of the first team squad (as rumoured), and also provide cover in midfield, essentially replacing Mikel in the squad, despite the fact he doesn't necessarily play the same role.

So next season, this could be our line up/squad:

First team: Courtois, Ivanovic, Varane, JT, Dave, Fabregas, Matic, Bale, Willian, Hazard, Costa

Subs/rest of squad Green/Bentinelli, Zouma, Cahill, Creswell, RLC, Ramires, Cuadrado, Remy, Adriano, Solanke, Baker, Ake, Blackman, Christensen

Not a bad squad - much improved on this year, and promoting young players. That first team would almost be unplayable, and we'd have quality in depth. I'd back that squad to win the league, and make a serious challenge for the CL, not just next year but in future.

But it's all speculation. I know nothing about any of this, and have no idea what they are thinking. I could be living in dreamland, but it's not bad to dream is it?

Edited by James Prescott

Can't really see it happening to be fair, but Gotze would be a really good call.

Honestly, though, two really good outfield additions along with a replacement for Cech and then promote a couple of youth players. Job done.

Anyone reckon Bertrand Traore might be given a place in the squad next season? Seems to be doing really well at Vitesse but there might be some work permit issues still?