• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Mourinho pretty much confirms that Oscar is going nowhere.

With a good rest this summer Mourinho expect him to emulate hazards development.

can't wait for the new season to begin :)

Ham   

"Everyone involved was lying and is still lying about it to this day (including in interviews less than a week old) and everything else you've heard on the subject is a lie; because otherwise I'd be wrong."

No need to bite. Just let it hang there.

Didn't he say that the "lie" was that he ever spoke to Abramovic?

Edit: Just realised what you meant.

Edited by Ham

paulw66   

The assumption with Luis is that he isn't going to be happy staying given how he never plays. I don't think people want him out, but they do think that he will want a move.

Lazy, unreliable, inconsistent, coming off the worst season of his career where he looked like he didn't give a **** most of the time, probably cost upwards of £20m plus upwards of £100k a week on wages, 29 years old and no resale value...yeah, let's snap that up.

Forgot where I said I would pay 20m for him.

Can't tell if you're being ironic here but didn't Hazard actually come out and say that he wasn't coming to Chelsea until we won the CL?

He must have been lying then.

Outside Football Financial Director 2016, the world just doesn't work like that.

Pity really - this thread would have so much more meaning if it did.

cam4blue   

Forgot where I said I would pay 20m for him.

Not sure if serious...but when discussing a player coming here, most people tend to think about what that would cost.

And Dzeko would likely cost in the £15m-£30m bracket, depending on how much City want to get rid of him and who the buyer was.

Edit: Just realised what you meant.

;-)

Ham   

He must have been lying then.

Outside Football Financial Director 2016, the world just doesn't work like that.

Pity really - this thread would have so much more meaning if it did.

From the Daily Mail and the Daily Star.

"Hazard, speaking in an interview with So Foot, said: 'I didn't want to go to Chelsea because I wanted to play the Champions League and they were sixth in the league.

'I was convinced when they won the Champions League in 2012"

SAF reckoned the agent was demanding £6m for himself. I don't think Hazard was making the decisions, what ever the Star says So Foot says he says.

9 days after the CL final Hazard tweeted he was signing for the CL winners.

16 days after the CL final Chelsea announced the Hazard signing Deals don't get done from scratch in 16 days. Except of course in Football FD 2015.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Ham   

SAF reckoned the agent was demanding £6m for himself. I don't think Hazard was making the decisions, what ever the Star says So Foot says he says.

9 days after the CL final Hazard tweeted he was signing for the CL winners.

16 days after the CL final Chelsea announced the Hazard signing Deals don't get done from scratch in 16 days. Except of course in Football FD 2015.

So whatever Hazard, his Agent and the press are saying, only you know the truth?

How many days does it take to put together a £32m deal?

How do deals get done from scratch approaching deadline day?

So whatever Hazard, his Agent and the press are saying, only you know the truth?

How many days does it take to put together a £32m deal?

How do deals get done from scratch approaching deadline day?

I guess I'm the only one trying to state the obvious rather than make some kind of point.

I'd say it takes about 60 days to put together a £32m deal. But do tell me how what you think can be done.

Hazard had been a star young player in France for about 3 years. He and his agent chose exactly when they wanted a move from Lille. De Visser - who was buying all our players within a 70km radius of his home, must have seen him 20 times.

Deadline deals are for marginal players, not £30m investments in 21 year olds. Hazard was announced as bought 4 days into the summer window, almost 3 months before it closed.

But if common sense isn't enough for you - how abut a bit of gossip from the rags.

Chelsea 'closest' to £40 million Eden Hazard

ESPN Ocotober 2011

Lille's Academy director Jean-Michel Vandamme has claimed Chelsea are paying most attention to £40 million-rated youngster Eden Hazard.

Lille have slapped a £21million price tag on Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool target Eden Hazard.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted his desire to sign the 19-year-old but Chelsea are understood to have moved into pole position over the past few weeks.

Daily Mail Feb 2011

cam4blue   

I think that is what he is saying, yes. Quite amusing really.

Interesting how he's shifted the discussion from these deals always being "wrapped up" in February/March at the latest as "No-one leaves these big decisions until May" to the superficially similar but actually completely different "these deals don't get done from scratch in 16 days".

Why does thinking that decisions are made in May (like Hazard's apparently was according to literally everyone involved in the deal; including Hazard, both at the time and after the fact) mean that the deal was "done from scratch in 16 days"? Classic strawman.

Some deals are wrapped up early. Sometimes there will be a multitude of offers on the table and a decision gets made at the last moment (I think that probably best describes the Hazard deal). Sometimes a huge deal gets done in a heartbeat, possibly to gazump a rival (thinking here chiefly of Robinho, but also Willian). There is no hard and fast rule.