• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I always wondered why Sneijder was always so highly rated abroad. He never got that admiration in his own country. And I don't mean the press (they love him), but just generally amongst football fans.

IMO he only really had one outstanding season and that was under Mourinho, followed by a World Cup where every attempt freakishly went in.

Answer probably lies within Kranjcar's inclusion from his time at Portsmouth. Flashy highlights, good goals and over the top press hype. I'm the first to admit I've barely seen him bar his games in the Champion's League, and yet I was excited to see what he could offer us.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/441727/Antoine-Griezmann-Chelsea-transfer-news

And here's the English version of this report. Would be fantastic if true. Only thing is Simeone has to demand more than 35m to compete for the league title.

His style reminds me of Aguero. I think he could link up well with Hazard and Fabregas.

Khobar   

Last season, Mourinho had won nothing and promised we would all be very pleased with our transfer dealings this time out. If memory serves me correctly (probably not) we all had a good idea that Courtois and Costa would be on their way - Fabregas too?.

Has Mourinho made any statement about our transfer policy this season? I think he may have said he doesn't want to or need to sell or bring people in which is normal managerial "mind your own business" speak. Was last seasons statement necessary because of the lack of a trophy?

Last season, Mourinho had won nothing and promised we would all be very pleased with our transfer dealings this time out. If memory serves me correctly (probably not) we all had a good idea that Courtois and Costa would be on their way - Fabregas too?.

Has Mourinho made any statement about our transfer policy this season? I think he may have said he doesn't want to or need to sell or bring people in which is normal managerial "mind your own business" speak. Was last seasons statement necessary because of the lack of a trophy?

It's also probably a case that they've lined up the targets but do not know which ones will defiantly sign for us and/or there may be some discussion still as to who we should proceed with. As discussed earlier, I'd imagine that initial contact has been made with a few players and the club are now either trying to iron out details and/or agree amongst themselves if the player is right. From all the links I would say Green is probably the biggest cert due to the fact Cech will almost definantly be off, he is cheap and he doesn't have lots of suitors. Another player that could be down the line quite far is Griezmann, if you believe that we are prepared to meet his clause and he did make the comments attributed to him earlier on this week of course.

Sciatika   

He did say he wanted to get his summer work done before he went away on holiday