• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Scooba   

@JakeFCohen: Gael Kakuta is latest example of why Chelsea's heavy youth investment is the way forward. Estimated TOTAL (five years) FFP cost: £750,000.

Without wanting to spark another massive debate on the subject, this tweet should be of interest to certain posters after Kakuta has completed his permanent switch to Sevilla.

Khobar   

Funny that. Maybe the club should just pay me 150k a week to pretend to be a footballer, it's obviously an insignificant amount.

So you believe that you could do better than Falcao? Go for it - what have you got to lose? ;-)

And I again I ask, who cares? Makes no difference to me, you or the team what he earns.

Sure it does. First of all, we do indirectly pay him. Secondly, any wasted money means less money for other players, which leads to a lower overall quality long term and therefore less titles.

It's long been said that money doesn't guarantee silverware, it's what you do with it.

Like I said, the risk is whether or not he performs to the pay we offer him.

But why is it so important now? It's the same story for every purchase we make. Having Ramires on our books for 4-5 seasons doesn't seem to bother too many. I'd say that is a prime example of us paying for something that's worth a lot, lot less. Doesn't mean it's right to make the same mistake with Falcao but what I'm trying to say is that's the case for all purchase we make. Sterling £50m and 200k/week? That's an insane risk to take onboard! At least our risk with Falcao is limited to one year with a ceiling.

That's exactly what the risk is.

It's extremely important to get bang for your buck. We have a limited budget. It's significantly smaller than that of some of our rivals. Hence we should try and maximise our efficiency.

Wasting a hundred pennies still costs you a pound. And we're really not talking about pennies with regards to Falcao.

(As an aside on Ramires: I wasn't a fan of the initial deal, he grew on me over a few seasons, but recently he's on my bad side again. On the other hand, 18m and probably sub-70k-a-week wages over 5 years is pretty cheap and probably less than he is worth.)

Oxlade is clearly the far superior player compared to Sterling.

Happily see him here.

That I agree with. In a system that caters to his incredible athleticism, he could do some damage. Similar to Walcott, he suffers from the tippy-tappy football and is best on the counter.

@JakeFCohen: Gael Kakuta is latest example of why Chelsea's heavy youth investment is the way forward. Estimated TOTAL (five years) FFP cost: £750,000.

Without wanting to spark another massive debate on the subject, this tweet should be of interest to certain posters after Kakuta has completed his permanent switch to Sevilla.

We're lucky he finally managed to garner some interest. Next season he would've gone for free.

He does excellent work on salary estimates.

Bizarre work on loans and loan fees.

He proves that if you start with absurdly optimistic guesses for loan income, you get absurdly optimistic estimate of Project Kids income.

his database

He reckons Kakuta earns £1.3m a year and Rayo Vallecano paid all of that last year.

I reckon Rayo Vallecano have a whole year budget for wages of EUR 20mn.

One of us is wildly wrong.

You also have to wonder about the fee. No one knows but everyone is guessing high. 24 next week. Extending the option means committing to his current salary which is high for Spain, so I don't quite see how that adds much value.

Oxlade is clearly the far superior player compared to Sterling.

Happily see him here.

He can be good I agree, but he always looks a little overweight to me.

he would probably prefer the term stocky id imagine

I'm sure he would, but what do you think? Does he not occasionally look a trifle "rotund"?