• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   

Really?

We signed him on the back of him being the player of the tournament in an under age european championships as I recall.

He was definitely a player on the up until he got injured.

If anyone can turn Falcao around to his old self its Jose.

Based on how Jose 'turned around' Shevchenko and Torres, no doubt?

It's a done deal now, so our opinions don't matter much at this stage, if they ever did. Falcao's ours (for a season, at least), and hopefully he'll make the best of this (probably, last) chance to show that he's not a busted flush. Can't see it myself, but I'll be cheering for him every time he takes the field in a Chelsea shirt.

Van Ginkel looked average to me, and a red card waiting to happen. Hopefully the mooted Sunderland loan materialises and we can see what he can do in the PL.

Zoowraa   

Listen, Falcao may turn out to be entirely adequate and I do think that our way of playing possibly will help him more so than United did. On the other hand, if we hang on to Remy or else get another alternative up front then we should be fine. The worst case scenario is that Remy leaves and we're left with a potentially injury prone Costa and Torres Mk2.

I get the feeling we might see a bit more of Remy in a wide attacking forward role next season. Jose used this on a couple of occasions in the last couple of dead rubber league games, I just get the feeling he was having a look at this for next season.

I don't see him being first choice in this role, but in games at home to your mid-lower teams in the league, I can see him occupying a wide right position to bring an additional and more direct goal threat to the team.

Most of his time at Newcastle was spent in a wide forward role from the left and he did well and scored goals. I cannot see that Falcao will start the season behind Remy in the pecking order, so I think for Remy to stay he will be needing some assurances of game time and I think this is likely to be where he gets most of his game time.

The alternative is we sell him. I cannot see him staying to be third choice striker only, but likely to move to second choice striker at best.

Didn't Jose always say that you have to improve and strengthen the team the following season to stay ahead of your rivals?

Well if selling one of the top 5 keepers in the world to one of your main challengers and bringing in a busted flush, is improving the team then we might as well give up the title now.

We struggled towards the end of last season and limped over the finish line because of a small squad and it doesn't look good at the moment, if hazard gets injured early on God forbid we will be in serious trouble.

Man city are ready to splash the cash again, United and arsenal will definitely be stronger this season, yet we look like going into the season at best, only as strong as last year.

We signed a massive shirt deal, got a shed load of money in the new TV deal and got big money for winning the league,

Why are we not going big? Some of the players we are being linked with aren't going to improve the team, Jose is NOT going to play the younger players, so what's going on?

SIX weeks to kick off and the silence from Chelsea is deafening

Didn't Jose always say that you have to improve and strengthen the team the following season to stay ahead of your rivals?

Well if selling one of the top 5 keepers in the world to one of your main challengers and bringing in a busted flush, is improving the team then we might as well give up the title now.

We struggled towards the end of last season and limped over the finish line because of a small squad and it doesn't look good at the moment, if hazard gets injured early on God forbid we will be in serious trouble.

Man city are ready to splash the cash again, United and arsenal will definitely be stronger this season, yet we look like going into the season at best, only as strong as last year.

We signed a massive shirt deal, got a shed load of money in the new TV deal and got big money for winning the league,

Why are we not going big? Some of the players we are being linked with aren't going to improve the team, Jose is NOT going to play the younger players, so what's going on?

SIX weeks to kick off and the silence from Chelsea is deafening

There is a lack of quality players available, to get into our 11 you are talking about one of the top players in the world. No point spending 20 to 30 Mil on a squad player(Cuadrado) If we just want squad players might as well use the youngsters. Let Liverpool buy up all the average players that are not good enough for us.

There is a lack of quality players available, to get into our 11 you are talking about one of the top players in the world. No point spending 20 to 30 Mil on a squad player(Cuadrado) If we just want squad players might as well use the youngsters. Let Liverpool buy up all the average players that are not good enough for us.[/qu

te]

And how much money did we waste on cuadrado? Is he any better then salah or schrulle?

Was phillipe Luis any improvement on Bertrand, more money wasted

Now we waste more money on a crock (falcao),