• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I wouldn't have minded signing Turan if it meant that there was less of a possibility of us signing Sterling. Absolutely do not rate the lad and he will be found quite quickly and easily here. Would be a tragic transfer imo.

Chel_don   

Personally I'd like to see Griezmann sign.

But Griezmann has already said he is not leaving Athletico after 1 year so there's nothing we can do there. Even if we activate his buyout clause I still think he will choose to stay. If we wanted Griezmann and he wanted us, he would have already been a Chelsea player by now.

Kezza   

Anyone remembers how one summer of lax transfers turned out for the club? The summer where we thought we need not strengthen much, taking our time and we were signing scraps. This seems like this summer. Contrast that to last summer and you see a difference in attitude and result.

Anyone remembers how one summer of lax transfers turned out for the club? The summer where we thought we need not strengthen much, taking our time and we were signing scraps. This seems like this summer. Contrast that to last summer and you see a difference in attitude and result.

Maybe. But shouldn't we wait to see who does arrive, before we pass judgement?

Agreed. Jose is never one to get complacent. He said we needed three more players plus replacements for any who leave. He said a striker, midfielder and defender. And we need a back up keeper to replace Cech.

We have our striker and it looks like Begovic to replace Cech. So there will be at least two more signings IMO. And most likely high quality signings, not just squad players.

It is infuriating, all this waiting and not knowing. But the club have a good recent transfer record so I am sure they are working on things, especially now Jose is apparently back from holiday - he will want deals done quickly IMO.

jones   

This was always going to be a different summer than last year. Cesc and Costa were exactly what JM wanted, and they were available. We just sold Lukaku, Mata and KdB, so could perhaps accept to meet the asking prices in order to get things done early.

This summer, I assume we will spend our budget on the following priority areas:

- A new AM with end product, to lessen goal scoring burden om Hazard (cannot see any other than Bale or Reus here, as long as Griezmann is a no go. Waiting for the rest of the market to get going before we make a move, I suppose?)

- A replacement for Mikel, capable of offering competition to our CMs (would have thought Schneiderlin was ideal, but looks set for United. Schweiny may be an option?)

- A replacement for Drogba (Falcao sorted. Not having to dig deep in our pockets frees up money for the above transfers.)

Plus, we will have to address the following without spending from our budget

- Replace Cech if sold (Begovic likely for less than what we got for Cech)

- Replace Luis if sold (think we will play hard ball and have a same priced replacement lined up if he goes)

- Replace Ake and Christensen, likely to come from within (Omeruo?)

In addition, it is clear that RLC and Traore will come in to the squad.

For me, evrything depends on the AM and CM. The Falcao signing is a signal that we are saving our budget for these two. Market slow this year, no need to worry yet.

paulw66   

No, let's sh*t ourselves now and lament the board for a being a total waste of space. I mean, look at all the superstar players that have arrived at our rivals..........oh, wait a minute.

Edit - MT, I have warned people about using common sense on this forum before. It is unnecessary.

Edited by paulw66