• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

If this is true we need to do it, for both our sake and the players.

Yep, also gives us a bit more money coming in towards a top quality replacement. Weird though, as Jose said he wanted to keep him, there were rumours he was being kept because of Falcao, and his agent allegedly met Chelsea and agreed (and was quoted I think) that he was staying.

Would rather he goes than Oscar - and to me that we're willing to sell is a clear sign someone is coming in that kind of position - someone top quality.

If it is, we can kiss goodbye to the CL for another season, and we will struggle to retain our title.

James, I'm pretty sure that he meant 'wrapped up' in the sense that the deals have been done, but not announced yet - not that Begovic and Falcao are the only signings we're going to make.

James, I'm pretty sure that he meant 'wrapped up' in the sense that the deals have been done, but not announced yet - not that Begovic and Falcao are the only signings we're going to make.

Ah OK, oops my mistake. In that case, that's a good thing. Just wish they'd announce them.

Looks like Schweinsteiger to United is happening - £15 million on 3 year deal. If they get Schneidlin, Ramos and decent replacements for Van Persie and De Gea, on top of Schweinsteiger and what they have, they will definitely be a lot stronger next year. Though struggling to see a place for Mata in their team.

Funny, because it used to be us who bought ageing foreigners and spent big money on established players. Now we're investing much more (with the occasional, necessary exception) in younger players and a strong academy, and United are buying (with one or two exceptions) established big names.

Funny how things change.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/10/manchester-united-sign-bastian-schweinsteiger-bayern-munich?CMP=twt_gu

Edited by James Prescott

Looks like Schweinsteiger to United is happening - £15 million on 3 year deal. If they get Schneidlin, Ramos and decent replacements for Van Persie and De Gea, on top of Schweinsteiger and what they have, they will definitely be a lot stronger next year. Though struggling to see a place for Mata in their team.

Funny, because it used to be us who bought ageing foreigners and spent big money on established players. Now we're investing much more (with the occasional, necessary exception) in younger players and a strong academy, and United are buying (with one or two exceptions) established big names.

Funny how things change.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/10/manchester-united-sign-bastian-schweinsteiger-bayern-munich?CMP=twt_gu

We should re-sign Mata. Maybe that's the big news we've got wrapped up.

Lampen   

Not scared of united yet. They need one more quality striker. The Germangerman 7s past it and they still ned 5 good players at the back.

Olusisi   

^^

Cuadrado's value would mostly reduce again so like you I hope Chelsea takes the money offered to them by any club interested in him, chuck it up to making a bad buy in the winter transfer window instead of been stubborn and continuing hoping that he improves to become a more valuable member of the team.

Khobar   

If it is, we can kiss goodbye to the CL for another season, and we will struggle to retain our title.

Anyway, Jose said a striker, midfielder and defender plus replacements for anyone who left. So far, we near enough have two of those. If Mikel leaves RLC will take his place, Begovic replaces Cech. Falcao is the striker. So we need an attacking midfielder and a defender.

If Remy leaves we need another striker - possibly Lacazette or Austin.

So I can't see our business being done.

I meant wrapped up and not yet announced, although maybe there isn't anything currently on the market and we have an eye on later transfer windows.